is this set up good, for band practise and performing.

CAB: http://www.vadercabinets.com/content/vc412bk.html
HEAD: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Engl-Powerball-100W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481518

GUITAR: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-ATX-Electric-Guitar?sku=515764

im playing metal/metalcore/melodic death metal/hardcore
im pretty sure its a good set up but im running it through you guys first just incase, and if you think there is a better amp, i know theres mesas and peavy 6505 plus's but its soo cliche.
chances are if you are spending $3000 you will have good **** dude...
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
lol YAY when i get it, which will probly be not for a little while, ill post clips and stuff on high quality recordings. lol im sorry if i make you want to kill yourself.
ya.......i need to change that, i thought i was going to have to get a cheap head but now i got a new job that pays 12 bucks an hour canadian, and im under 18 so i still live with my parents so that means a load of money :P.
SAYS THE GUY WITH UBERSHALL FOR A USERNAME lol im joking. but i can tell your lieing out of your ass.
Quote by Ubershall404
No that Rig is terrible.

Bite your tongue.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I hate you because it's beautiful.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
lol im joking im just being a roflwaffle. but still that rig is probly what im going to have to go with for a LOOOOOONG time becuase its literally 3k.
Quote by convictionless
is this set up good, for band practise and performing.

CAB: http://www.vadercabinets.com/content/vc412bk.html
HEAD: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Engl-Powerball-100W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481518

GUITAR: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-ATX-Electric-Guitar?sku=515764

im playing metal/metalcore/melodic death metal/hardcore
im pretty sure its a good set up but im running it through you guys first just incase, and if you think there is a better amp, i know theres mesas and peavy 6505 plus's but its soo cliche.

wow you have the set-up i plan to get >_>, thats weird -_-. the only diff is that im getting a schecter c-1 classic and not the blackjack, altho its just a metal version of the classic (lol black -_-).

on topic, i dont think anyone would disapprove of that. if you could get a vid of you playing that rig that would be great, id love to hear that combination.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
You really can't go wrong for that type of music with a rig like that. Great picks.

Post some clips after you get some!
Quote by convictionless
ya same here and im not getting a 5150 im getting a engl fireball \m/.

well im debating between 5150 and powerball but the powerball owns it no questions asked IMO.

honestly i dont see myself doing any real gigging in at least a few months and thats PLENTY of time to save for a powerball. reason im even considering the 5150 is because im so desperate for a new amp (been waiting at least a year and a half, mostly researching and saving up before actual testing). ive tried both and the 5150 is good but the powerball just rocks my pants off.

good luck to the both of us lol. i changed my sig b/c i think i would rather wait for the powerball

may u lay waste to the audience
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
lol, i might be getting signed becuase the stuff in my sig is my at home stuff or my personal stuff, but the stuff ive used in the studio (hiwats,vox's,mesa's which i never use, and marshalls) and if you want to know to who

www.myspace.com/sictransitrecords

is anyone else in UG on a record deal??
nice, good luck to you man.

mind me asking how you got a hold of that stuff in the studio?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
my friend brad, owns all that stuff, he has like over 400k worth of stuff in there :P. hes also my teacher but im starting to teach him some guitar techniqe which is kinda funny, i just use his guitars lately, ive been using his prs SC 250.
good cab good head... BAD guitar! the guitar brings it down to a medium/good setup. Right around medicore.
Quote by stevenexp
good cab good head... BAD guitar! the guitar brings it down to a medium/good setup. Right around medicore.

whats wrong with the guitar, too BR00TAL.
Quote by stevenexp

wow your pretty dumb......the amp is the most important part. a ****ty guitar can sound great through a great amp. a great guitar sounds like **** through a ****ty amp.

a great guitar thru a great amp = heaven

but considering that this is already a good 3k, i doubt he is gonna raise that bar.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by stevenexp

Its a good guitar but he's right with an amp and cab like that you really should invest in a better guitar. Maybe a PRS or higher end Ibanez?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
If you think it's all about the amp and the guitar has nothing to do with the setup you need to get your ears checked. THe amp is very important but so is the guitar. and to the person who said too brootal I'm not even going to respond to that because it's stupid.
Quote by convictionless
whats wrong with the guitar, too BR00TAL.

lol not even. its just black. if it had spikes, red flames, and EMG's (just cuz its "metal"), that would be too br00t4l. but that would also sound like total crap (EMG's). high output + more high output = too much output lol, never a good thing.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by soul_power
Its a good guitar but he's right with an amp and cab like that you really should invest in a better guitar. Maybe a PRS or higher end Ibanez?

i dont get expensive or high end ibanez, i dont like them for some odd reason. i only like prs for studio use not live. i personally like that shecter it has good stuff on it. i dont know why people are fussing over it. if theres a better guitar say something but i dont want to spend another grand on a guitar.
It's hard to recommend a guitar worthy of that amp when you only want to spend $600...
Quote by stevenexp
If you think it's all about the amp and the guitar has nothing to do with the setup you need to get your ears checked. THe amp is very important but so is the guitar. and to the person who said too brootal I'm not even going to respond to that because it's stupid.

i was also joking, live with it. but seriosuly whats so bad about the guitar.
Quote by stevenexp

i said the amp was the most important part. he isnt getting a really bad guitar like you seem to think he is. sure it isnt 2 grand or as fancy as your jackson soloist but it will get the job done well.

a mid-range guitar through a high end boutique amp sounds great.

and the person who said that you thought the guitar was too brootal is the TS
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by stevenexp
It's hard to recommend a guitar worthy of that amp when you only want to spend $600...

no one was asking for a recommendation, he asked if you approved of his rig or not.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by convictionless
i dont get expensive or high end ibanez, i dont like them for some odd reason. i only like prs for studio use not live. i personally like that shecter it has good stuff on it. i dont know why people are fussing over it. if theres a better guitar say something but i dont want to spend another grand on a guitar.

I beleive he was asking for a suggestion...
did you hear my btw, and can we stop this before it becomes a flame fest and i get in trouble for it some how. cant we all get along.
Quote by stevenexp
I beleive he was asking for a suggestion...

heh must have missed that with my slow internet -_-, but i still dont see whats wrong with the guitar. its fine IMO. it will definitely work for long while, and if he isnt satisfied with it, he can buy another and use that gutiar as a backup.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
I gave my opinion and I got flamed for it. You asked for it and I told you...I'm leaving it at that. Later guys.
Quote by convictionless
did you hear my btw, and can we stop this before it becomes a flame fest and i get in trouble for it some how. cant we all get along.

we can get along but i would love to know why he thinks its a bad guitar, because its not. its not like your using a squier or something. that guitar has top notch features, what could be bad. schecter makes the best guitars for that price range.

EDIT: have you thought about getting a used guitar off of ebay that could be a lot better than the blackjack? i dont know of any, but it could be an option. or will you not settle for anything less than new?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Last edited by giternator at Feb 18, 2008,