I've been interested in buying a jackson lately. Are the JS series good for an intermediate guitarist? Should I just save more money and buy a better quality jackson? I'm really interested in the jackson rhoads and the jackson kelly
The JS series would be like a Starter series. Get the Pro or X Series.
I have the KVX10 King V. Amazing piece of work.
If you adore Metal, for it!
Rhoads aren't bad either. I'm thinking of getting one myself...
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
The other guitarist in the band I play in has the JS30KV..it's a decent guitar, I think my semi-hollow plays metal better though (go figure )

Has a nice feel to it, and is light as hell...pickups are really iffy though.

For a little more, you could get THIS and I can almost guarantee that it will sound better and be much more worth it. Plus, you can always return it if the one they send you turns out to be ****. But seriously, check it out.
Quote by iTzMaTT
The JS series would be like a Starter series. Get the Pro or X Series.
I have the KVX10 King V. Amazing piece of work.
If you adore Metal, for it!
Rhoads aren't bad either. I'm thinking of getting one myself...

NO WAI! I have the KVX10 too! What finish?

On topic, my King V is an amazing guitar, especially for a budget model. The Pro series is better, just due to better woods and stuff, but they do cost more. The JS series is OK, but if you can and intend on holding on to the guitar for a while, go X or Pro series.The X series is very good, as well, but they sadly don't have Kellys.
my teacher has been suggesting that i get an epiphone dot. the tone on his gibson semi-hollow is amazing,but i doubt it'd be that good for an epiphone. he keeps telling me that i should get a guitar for its tone and not its looks. i want a good guitar though. the thing is he tells me that i should get a guitar for its versatility also. i mainly play metal so im confused X_X
What style does your teacher like to play? His opinion might be biased, but then again, who's isn't? Honestly, all Jackson's I've played are great. They look awesome and sound awesome too. Just make sure you try before you buy, as I'm not saying they're infallible. And also, do you want a guitar with a Floyd? This will help us out a lot.
nah floyd roses are a bitch i had one in an old ibanez i had and i traded it away. my teacher is a session guitarist so he plays just about everything except for metal. i'm not buying blind i'm gonna try them out, but i want to go to the store knowing what to try.
Hmmm... if you don't want a Floyd, that makes things tricky. The only Rhoads to get that ar String-Thru are the JS one or the $1300 Pro series. Kelly only has the JS one. I guess that would be fine, but maybe do some customizing on it too, get better pickups as the CVR Jackson ones aren't too great. Make it your own, too, as red, black and blue aren't the most exciting finishes.
try out some guitars mentioned on here, and maybe try to go used for better affordability, if applicable.

I'd probably just suggest some ibanez guitars that don't have the FR in them, or maybe some Schecters..REGIMENT (a local band) uses them and they're metal...mostly because they're sponsored by them.

If you want to consider going blind, i'd suggest Agile as the first ones you get info about...I'm buying one of their guitars late in the summer