are these amps reliable? im worried about buying one since id probably have to send it off to the factory if something happened to it.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Carvin is solid. Made in San Diego I believe. I hear nothing but good things. I'm looking at a Nomad right now.
i was thinking of saving for a mesa, but the v3 seems so good for such a small price. almost too good...

ive also been wanting to do a little guitar project, and buying the v3 would leave me enough extra money to do that
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've heard nothing but good about V3's, and that they've improved their reliability in the past years. Getting one myself when I can get the money.
i know you want that V3 but just for giggles i would suggest looking into bugera amps, i know about the fuss, but i played one the other day, it was the 6202 and the one that looks like a jsx rip off. both awsome and the rip off one got really good mesa tones out of it but without the scooped sound coming out. it was pretty good and compared a V3 i would say its better and its cheaper
well if i can play one i might go for one. one problem though, NO ONE knows how reliable they are hhaahaha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by convictionless
i know you want that V3 but just for giggles i would suggest looking into bugera amps, i know about the fuss, but i played one the other day, it was the 6202 and the one that looks like a jsx rip off. both awsome and the rip off one got really good mesa tones out of it but without the scooped sound coming out. it was pretty good and compared a V3 i would say its better and its cheaper

Yes but did it have cleans as kick ass as the V3?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
do it... Out of all the amps I have tested my favorites have been carvin ones. I was going to buy the V3 until I heard about the x100b series IV. And yes Carvin makes very reliable amps from what people tell me.
Quote by soul_power
Yes but did it have cleans as kick ass as the V3?

yes if, i think some b list jazz guitarist use bugera amps or something.
lol thats like saying i still use my old marshall, but i still have to bring it in the shop every two weeks.
Quote by convictionless
yes if, i think some b list jazz guitarist use bugera amps or something.

http://www.bugera-amps.com/_04/index.cfm?star=Rob%20Tognoni
This guy? His cleans are kinda meh. I'm sure it would be way different if I were to actually try it and EQ it how I wanted but it sounds really brittle to my ear.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
"Kinda worried, since earlier, about 2 hours earlier, he had forgotten to plug the speaker cable in."

V3 is only unreliable if the person using it is retarded.