yeah...... any ideas? i'm getting little if any sound from the right speaker. faulty soldering?
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by TacoPaco9317 at Feb 18, 2008,
-_- 5150's seem to have a lot of problems ive seen lately >_>. so much for the reliability. a lot of the time (too many times) there is something wrong with the 6505's at guitar center. stuff like power tubes broken, clean channel doesnt work, lake of gain (probably b/c of broken tubes) and sometimes just doesnt work and i have no reason to know why (turns on and all hookups are correct but no sound).

but er, enough of the rant on the hype of this great amp. im guessing you should tug lightly on the speaker wires and see if any are loose, and if not maybe a tube is burnt out??
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Thats a possibility. Just check the wiring on the left and see if anything is like melted or cut. If its just a soldering problem, it should be easy to fix.
also its a 5150 so its a tad old, my guess its a powertube, or a speaker(s) magically blew.
Tubes wouldn't just make sound only come out of one speaker, that doesn't make sense to me.. (correct me if I'm wrong)

My 5150 is definitely older than me and it holds up fine. I don't think anyone in their right mind could say they aren't sturdy amps.

I'd just get the wiring and soldering checked. See if anything is different from the right and left side.
Deffinantly one of the most sturdy amps
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by convictionless
also its a 5150 so its a tad old, my guess its a powertube, or a speaker(s) magically blew.

i just retubed it a couple days ago. i did happen to order it online, and the guy said he got it in like '93 or '94 or something like that, i'm not sure if they've even been around that long, but he also said he installed new speakers before he sold it, so i'll check out the wiring.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
heres a picture of the back, it looks like something is missing?

signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ