I have this sort of crappy Squire Strat that i bought as my first guitar. The electronics are poor, everytime i change a tone, there is a fuzzy sound. I want to get new pickups, electronics, etc. Also a new bridge. What i want to know is, is it worth the trouble, or is buying a nice Fender better?
well, if u fix up the squire, ull probably spend more in the end that what the guitars worth, in my opinion between the two id just get the fender
cmon man, thats like throwing your money in here

buy a real guitar
the game
its not worth the trouble......everything needs replaced on it and that means a new guitar.

just use that one as a backup
Alright. Thanks everyone. Oh, and what kind of Fender Strat should i buy? I'm looking for a blues type sound.
Fix the squire.
There's no way you could spend more fixing the squire than the cost of a new fender.
It all comes down to what wood the body is made from and how much you like playing the guitar. If it's alder or something similar, definitely upgrade it. If the body is ply/laminate, don't bother with it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
What is with you people? God forbid you put any bit of effort into fixing it up and possibly create something original. I say go for it man, the satisfaction that you'll get when YOU set up YOUR guitar and finally get it the way YOU want it will be priceless. The main thing you gotta look at first is how does it feel? Don't worry about the sound, but how does the neck feel, the weight of the guitar, etc. If you like the way everything feels than start modding it by replacing all the electronics first. You'll be amazed at how much that will effect the sound.

Or just drop $500 on a low end Fender and sound like everybody else.
Quote by SpiggidyBob
What is with you people? God forbid you put any bit of effort into fixing it up and possibly create something original. I say go for it man, the satisfaction that you'll get when YOU set up YOUR guitar and finally get it the way YOU want it will be priceless. The main thing you gotta look at first is how does it feel? Don't worry about the sound, but how does the neck feel, the weight of the guitar, etc. If you like the way everything feels than start modding it by replacing all the electronics first. You'll be amazed at how much that will effect the sound.

Or just drop $500 on a low end Fender and sound like everybody else.

+1
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Id fix it up. A wiring overhaul, some good Fender pickups maybe, custom paint(?), a BluesKaster mod from torres Engineering (google em, they have some nice stuff on there), and you have a nice guitar for Blues i think.