I don't know much about metalcore, but anyway...

Good guitar work. There's some pretty dark sounding progressions going on. I like the lead riff going on at about 0:45. The part following that is pretty cool too. Just be careful with your timing, it seems to get off in some places. Probably easily fixed if you add drums.

Like I said, I don't know much about metalcore, but this seems like a solid base for a song. You've got a lot of cool progressions and riffs in it. I'd be interested to hear this with drums/bass/vox. Nice work man.

Please crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790025

Thanks a bunch!
hey thanks for looking at my video and commenting.
warning i am not too into metalcore, its either straight metal or nothing with me. however i will be fair.
ill listen to it as i write.

oh so THAT is what a line 6 spider sounds like...
anyways
okay lots of cool stuff going on in the very intro after the short solo. if you record this again, let the chords go for a few seconds before bringing any soloing. for one it will sound better and be easier to get on time. and as it is short solo, record over an over until you get that last bend to sound spot on. or make it a pinch harmonic.
um, for the chording and rhythm sections practice with a metronome, there is some unsettling speeding up and slowing down going on there. pretty standard riffs but they work. some interesting melodic stuff.

oh ****! i really like the part at the one minute mark. on a different league than the rest of the recording so far. some weird note choices on the solos above but it works pretty well and sounds pretty good. i would just let that riff run for a little while longer though.
arggh. i gotta say get rid of the killswitch part. that might sound good with a full band behind you, but on its own it kinda hurts. riffs after that are alright, nothing too special, change around a note or two maybe. and the one failed pinch harmonic draws attention to itself. get rid of it or redo it. it doesnt all have to be in one take.
overall, not bad a few good ideas and one really kickass part, surrounded by more generic stuff. weed out some of the mistakes and expand on it and this would be a decent song!
overall not too bad, need
It sounds really sloppy, and more Epic metal than metalcore. But with some practice, you could nail it! Keep at it.

To examine the tone of the sphincter? What the hell is it, a tuning fork?
I found the song very sloppy. It's as if you had 50 different ideas and randomly played stuff all at once.
Quote by 6sic6_blank
It sounds really sloppy, and more Epic metal than metalcore. But with some practice, you could nail it! Keep at it.

I agree with this statement.

Im not a Metal connoisseur but the genre is very technical. What I do love about metal is theres no room for posers. Its fast, furious and requires talent. Generally is very crisp and very fast paced.

LOL it sounds like Im saying your none of those things...Im sure your a fine guitarist its just that tune doesnt have "that" sound.
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!
Quote by v8ko
I agree with this statement.

Im not a Metal connoisseur but the genre is very technical. What I do love about metal is theres no room for posers. Its fast, furious and requires talent. Generally is very crisp and very fast paced.

LOL it sounds like Im saying your none of those things...Im sure your a fine guitarist its just that tune doesnt have "that" sound.

-_-...

Thanks for the crit... kind of? lmao. Only one person left a link for me to crit, if anyone else wants me to just PM a link.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
-_-...

Thanks for the crit... kind of? lmao. Only one person left a link for me to crit, if anyone else wants me to just PM a link.

I figure you didnt take it to personally...one problem with chatting on the internet is sometimes things read differently than a face to face conversation.

A. I think your a pretty good guitarist.
B. I dont think your a poser.
C. You must be a pretty stand up guy not going off on me about something that could be explained away so easily.

Thanks.
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!