Can I put a hard tail bridge on a Squier Strat if it already has the tremolo system on it? I really would like to take the trem out and just have a hard tail bridge on there since I don't use the tremolo and don't really like it. Thanks.
Unfortunately, not without alot of hassle.

You can blcok the tremolo though, and it will be the same thing.
open the lid from where you put the strings in, and jab a peice of wood between the guitar body \wall\ and the temolo unit. This will 99% prevent it from moving and thus being a hardtail
it would be easyest to just tighten the springs in the back n wedge some wood in there just in case...that should solve it...ive done the same thing
Edit: n nikedude how is a 5min project not worth it? u would rather spend more $ to get something u can fix in 5 min?
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Last edited by albinokrikit at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by albinokrikit
it would be easyest to just tighten the springs in the back n wedge some wood in there just in case...that should solve it...ive done the same thing
Edit: n nikedude how is a 5min project not worth it? u would rather spend more $ to get something u can fix in 5 min?

well if the kid owns a squier and doesn't know this already, how the hell do you expect him to do all that custom work right? he might split the wood or something else
Seems kinda ghetto with the block of wood, but if I really want to go wild I probably could fill in that whole section, drill the holes out for a hard tail and make it like that, but I was hoping for a more semi-permanent approach. The chunk of wood technique sounds decent but ever since I got the guitar I just took the bar off and called it a day, its just I don't want that bridge on there. I was hoping to somehow make it kinda like my dad's '63 hard tail Strat. His obviously plays dreams better than mine.