Okay, so ive heard mostly negative opinions... but are they really that bad?
And if so what is it thats bad about them?
the amount of fuzz that icomes out of it. IMO of course. once you have played a tube amp, you will never go back to SS. honestly. yeah, sure, its okay if you are starting off, but once your ears get on the ball, it's a different story.
their tone is really awful, but i think what most people hate is how they're marketed as being "just as good as real marshalls". that causes mostly newer players to buy them, only to find out once they've developed an ear for tone, that they have a sound akin to a trash compactor. the icing on the cake is that they have little to no resale value, so youre kinda stuck with it
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
i don't reckon their bad, i have a marshall mg100hdfx stack and it sounds fine.
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
dont' even think about it... the mg is basically the crappiest parts possible put into an amp that people expect you to buy because it has "marshall" on it. Play the amp, and you'll understand.
Quote by Burning Star 4
i don't reckon their bad, i have a marshall mg100hdfx stack and it sounds fine.

wait a few months.
Quote by b00m_
the amount of fuzz that icomes out of it. IMO of course. once you have played a tube amp, you will never go back to SS. honestly. yeah, sure, its okay if you are starting off, but once your ears get on the ball, it's a different story.

it's true what this guy says. when i had my mg i was like omg its so good. i got a vox hybrid amp and when i play the mg at my guitar instructors it sounds like ****. the distortion doesn't even sound like distortion it just gets louder and with a lot more bass
ahhhh
thanks guys. i know they get alot of **** on the interwebz but i wanted to know why.
cheers.
Okay, you do your own judgement: Turn everything up. If that doesn't sound like garbage, I don't know what is.

Though as I said, Garbages in the hand of artist can be good... but as someone said, garbage, in the end, is still garbage, no matter how good the art is.