would i have to mess around with the truss rod if i were to go from 9's to 11's, or just raise the action?
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
You shouldn't have to touch the action, but you might need to tighten the truss rod a little . . . . righty tighty, lefty loosey
sry for the beginners question but how do i adjust the truss rod? sorry
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

btw its a tune o matic bridge if that makes a difference...
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

The hole is up in the headstock between the springs, it's an allen head most likely. But if you are a begginer i would not touch it. I am still scared to touch mine.
if you're asking that, you shouldnt be doing it. take it to a shop for a setup - adjusting the truss rod can screw up the neck if done improperly.
but does anyone think if i raise the action high enough it would prevent fret buzz if i changed to 11's?
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

Quote by haz_uk
if you're asking that, you shouldnt be doing it. take it to a shop for a setup - adjusting the truss rod can screw up the neck if done improperly.

i will 2nd that, just raising your action will only make things worse.
You can make a right pigs ear of things if your unsure of what your doing and you could well do damage to your neck. Go see a tech and ask if you can watch the man to try to get pointers as he does the setup on your axe. Also dont take the techs adjustments as being final as it can somtimes take quite some time for the neck to settle on a higher tension string guage. Even if a tech set it up you may need to make some fine adjustmnts fo your own 24 hours or so later.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
go to a guitar tech , jumping from a 9 to 11 is a pretty big jump . since u said that u're new i doubt u wanna screw up u're guitar neck .