Does such an amp exist?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Yes.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
Yes.

That was such a helpful answer there lol. But I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what to recommend, there must be someone around here who knows though.
Santana sounds to me like he uses the clean channel and pushes it to overdrive to get his tones, probably some type of fender hotrod or somthing similar. A fender hotrod, peavey classic 30/50 both are very capable of that tone.
Quote by Johnbryant
Santana sounds to me like he uses the clean channel and pushes it to overdrive to get his tones, probably some type of fender hotrod or somthing similar. A fender hotrod, peavey classic 30/50 both are very capable of that tone.

god no. the hot rod doesn't sound anything like Carlos (both on the OD channel or cranked)
A very highly used Mesa Mark IV.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
A very highly used Mesa Mark IV.

or a used mark III

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Carvin V3 used maybe?

Something with really nice cleans, like a used fender reverb?
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
god no. the hot rod doesn't sound anything like Carlos (both on the OD channel or cranked)

I thought he used moded fenders in the past, I pretty sure he did, thats why I mentioned the hot rod. I am no expert though.
im gonna suggest an ac30 cuz thats the superman of the amps...it can do anything imo

or a used mesa since thats what hes using right?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Johnbryant

His tone is almost purely preamp OD. You can't pull that off with a Fender.

Try a Mesa Studio .22.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by mr_hankey
His tone is almost purely preamp OD. You can't pull that off with a Fender.

Try a Mesa Studio .22.

Yes, it is nearly purely preamp OD. I got a nice Santana-ish tone with my classic 50 and tubescreamer. And I got it with a strat. You just have to EQ it right, and the trick is what the tubescreamer is and what you have it set to. Even with humbuckers, you need a tubescreamer to get santana with a peavey classic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Feb 18, 2008,
Decent Santana tone for almost no money: EHX Big Muff into the clean channel of whatever amp you are using now, usually use a neck humbucker and roll the tone way down on it.

Otherwise you can get a Santana-like tone using a lot of different stuff. Santana's tone is in my opinion one of those tones where it really is more about how you play than what gear you use.

This is what the man himself uses though. Go through the stuff in the menu to get more info on how he uses it.
http://www.santana.com/musicianscorner/layout/index.html
Quote by whoismilan
Otherwise you can get a Santana-like tone using a lot of different stuff. Santana's tone is in my opinion one of those tones where it really is more about how you play than what gear you use.

True.
I noticed that you need a good pick attack, not a wussy one. And I like using my neck pickup with the tone knob dialed up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
He uses an original Mark 1. It was actually a modded Fender Princeton. But, he also uses a Dumble Super Overdrive, so good luck getting one of those...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.