This is me at like 2:30 tonight (like ten minutes ago), I am doing homework and I wanted to take a break, so I did a blues improv (not another one!!). This time, I didn't use any pedals, just my amp and guitar, but I did play on the dirty channel with little preamp gain, and no pick either. Bear in mind I was very tired and I still am. So, if my hand slips a bit and hits a wrong note, it's probably because I am tired. But, some of it is just the blues coming out.
Also, when you crit me, I want you do something a bit different. You can crit me normally if you want, but if you have the time, take some time to point out good riffs in the song so I know what would be nice to use again when I start constructing full songs.
Also, don't really consider this a "song", I just played what I felt, not paying attention to what would match up with previous riffs. I just shut my mind off and just played.
But anyways, I'll do crit for crit as long as it isn't myspace, comp can't load myspace music.

Song is in profile.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Listening to it right now.

First 40 seconds very nice and I love the last part of that measure.

From there to about 1:20 mark not to good...

from 1:20 to the end didnt thrill me.

This is not a bash on your skills cause youve got some, just this time it was tiring. Hey I guess you got your emotions across lol.
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!
Yeah, i felt that the first minute was the best. The last parts I feel weren't great, as you said. I felt bored, thus my emotions were bored. It's kinda hard to explain. Well, thanks, now I know what to keep for future use.
I'll drop you a comment on your song(s) in the morning, I need to go to bed.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
gotta agree with v8ko, the first minute was pretty good and then i kinda lost interest, you got some chops, though, nice work.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
well for improv it wasnt bad. you kept the same rhythm, which got boring. its great that you just went for it tho, seems to me its a good way to get better. im tired, so im not gonna point out any good riffs, but overall, its was good. yes i use the word good alot
i dont play in key, and i noticed you went out of it many times, but it worked, b/c its about the emotion. yeah.
starts off well with that nice bluesy riff. i'd say the first 30 - 45 seconds are the best. i felt that the solo didn't really develop. you could have done a lot more with it...given it a bit more variety. that's not surprising since it's improvised. solid guitar skills though.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787625
I thought it was pretty decent all the way through. Kind of has a laid back feel about it. I think what others may be getting at but don't express is the middle is a bit less interesting but not overly so. A little variety there would pick it up and possibly improve it. But hey its 2:30 in the a.m. and this is the first run through. Not bad at all when you think of it that way.

You haven't had 8 weeks to tweak it so you deserve some slack.

Would you mind reviewing Requiem for the Sixties?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789531