Well, i've been playing for 2 years now.
So now i'm gonna buy a new guitar (I've been using a beginner guitar pack thing...).
And i was thinking about the telecaster, is cheap and nice.
I play rock most of the time, but i don't know...i'm still unsure, cause i'd buy a les paul, but the lp is like 2 times expensive.
So...what do you thing, what should i buy? D:
Some people say Teles don't have such a wide range...i beg to differ. I was actually at this battle of the bands once, and some metal band came out and the dude was rocking a mexican tele.

My first ever guitar was a Tele, stuck with it for quite a few years, never did me wrong. Great for blues and rock, not as versatile as other guitars but still a worthy lady.

Now i've moved onto a Gibson LP and i'm in love with it. Comparing the two, though...the tele's got a slimmer neck. The LP's strings are slightly closer together. Because the tele's neck is unfinished, i can go slightly faster...but i find the tone on the LP more attractive, making up for that tiny loss of speed.

If you're worried about the price, the tele will work for you. What kind of music do you play anyway? Have you looked at other guitars?
my first guitar was a tele copy. i really like it.u can play blues and rock and if u want metal just put thicker string on it.but i like my les paul a lot more.its waaaay more massive but i just love the thicker neck
Just go to your music store, and try everything, even the expencieve models.
Then you know what you like to play on.
Then look if there is something what suites you budget, and think.

I wanted to buy an les paul, but I got out with an much cheaper Ibanez.
Because I liked it more then an les paul to play.

Don't go for the looks, go for the feeling.
Its the only tip I got for you.

good luck
and greetings from Holland =]
This forum is full of LP OR NOT LP merchants. You might not even like the thing in stone cold reality. You can rent one in more major cities of the world - or you may be able to play one owned by someone else. You have to love the classic tone and sustain or you would be wasting for cash.
Stop showing off and play the music!
Quote by blajano
Well, i've been playing for 2 years now.
So now i'm gonna buy a new guitar (I've been using a beginner guitar pack thing...).
And i was thinking about the telecaster, is cheap and nice.
I play rock most of the time, but i don't know...i'm still unsure, cause i'd buy a les paul, but the lp is like 2 times expensive.
So...what do you thing, what should i buy? D:

What type of music do you play and what amp do you have?
Quote by Tias

good luck

I've always wanted to say this to someone from Holland! YOU DON'T FIND ICE IN HOLLAND! I LOVE MY ICE! It's a Nirvana thing sry if I offend you.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
I'll say what other's have already said, try out every guitar you can, and then compare the ones you enjoyed the most. The sound, the feel, the weight; play with it standing up and down. You'll know which guitar is for you the moment you pick it up, it sings to you and just you. It's almost kinda creepy :P
Quote by Triklino
I'll say what other's have already said, try out every guitar you can, and then compare the ones you enjoyed the most. The sound, the feel, the weight; play with it standing up and down. You'll know which guitar is for you the moment you pick it up, it sings to you and just you. It's almost kinda creepy :P

It's true. When i was going out for a new guitar, i ended up buying an ebony Gibson Les Paul.

It was the first thing i saw. I picked it up, played it. Smooth. I left, and tried other guitars...i couldn't play any for more than a minute or two. I kept going back to the Gibson, the SAME one, in between each other guitar i'd play. I even tried other Gibsons...i touched an SG and put it back without even playing a chord. Lol.

She sung to me, and still does to this day.
tele's are fine. i fronted death metal band with one. though i never used the back pickup.. ever.. too twangy. if you get a good one, the front pick up can be sick with proper amp settings.
Well since your still using your starter pack I'm going to go ahead and guess that you're still using the amp from that pack too. Upgrade the amp first.
Quote by Tias
Just go to your music store, and try everything, even the expencieve models.
Then you know what you like to play on.
Then look if there is something what suites you budget, and think.

I wanted to buy an les paul, but I got out with an much cheaper Ibanez.
Because I liked it more then an les paul to play.

Don't go for the looks, go for the feeling.
Its the only tip I got for you.

good luck

+1 You're going to be stuck playing this thing and it's going to be an investment for you so make sure it feels good to you....I myself love how Tele's feel but your hands could be totally different...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yeah, i tried everything, and i liked more the Tele than the LP, even though the LP fits my style. cause i play very variated stuff, like ac/dc, guns n roses, rhcp, hendrix, the strokes, foo fighters, and more lol.
Oh, and my amp is the one that came with the guitar, crappy beginner thing lol
But most of the time i plug my guitar to the pc and use guitar software, which is so much better.
Quote by blajano
Yeah, i tried everything, and i liked more the Tele than the LP, even though the LP fits my style. cause i play very variated stuff, like ac/dc, guns n roses, rhcp, hendrix, the strokes, foo fighters, and more lol.
Oh, and my amp is the one that came with the guitar, crappy beginner thing lol
But most of the time i plug my guitar to the pc and use guitar software, which is so much better.

you need a new amp before you get a new guitar. Your amp is more important.
Quote by SOAD_freak777
you need a new amp before you get a new guitar. Your amp is more important.

the guitar is more important to me lol