probably just torn tolex or something. you should call them directly and as them whats wrong before you purchase it.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Well technically, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. Not even torn tolex. If that was the case, they would have to sell it as blemished. I'm more wondering about the reliability of a refurbished amp. I know if I call them, they'll tell me that of course they're reliable whether they are or not. Anyone own a Vox refurb?
"Refurbished" in most cases is just a returned item from a previous customer because they didn't like it. so most of the time, u get a like-new condition item. my friend bought a refurbished epiphone les paul for 275, it looks so mint, and hes selling it for $300... so there shouldn't be anything bad about it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Jump on it! If there's any issue, you can always return it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
don't u have to pay for shipping tho?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by MusiciansFriend
Credit card returns are issued a credit for purchase price. Refunds are made for product value only, excluding shipping and handling charges.

excludes shipping and handlings...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hmmm.... I guess a phone call would be in order, then.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i think refurbished means that at one point it was broken, then they fixed it

Im pretty sure that is what it means
Yeah, generally it's something that was unwanted or faulty from the last owner, so they sent it back.
Musiciansfriend then fixed it, and it's sold as refurbished. That's generally how it works i think. I bought a refurbished MP3 Player - different thing, but the principal's the same.
It was fine, and at that price, that's as good as buying it used, so i'd say jump on it, especially with the option of returning it...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
It's an AC30, so even when the warranty expires it won't be difficult to find a tech who can work on it (and shouldn't be expensive when you do).

I think you'll be fine. It's a good price and even if you keep it for a while and get rid of it, you should be able to get at least that much on the used market.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM