Like the title says what are your thoughts on busking? For those who dont know what busking is, it is basically playing in a big public area. I am thinking of doing it, Ive only know a few good songs I could play like Ocean by John Butler and Drifting by Andy Mckee. Anyone every done it before? Where would be a good place to do it? Do you make any decent money doing it? Well just give me your input and maybe some more acoustic songs that I could learn before I did it, I dont really care how hard the songs are, any difficulty will work.
Id love to do that, but don't you need to buy a permit or some crap? I cant be ****ed gettin that to make like 50 bucks at most..
HI
Dont busk for money,busk for the sake of playing guitar.Or at least make it look like your not playing for money.They usually get the most.Theres a guy that plays near our school who is heaps good and gets the most money.In the afternoon,some guy (who is a great guitarist) but just looks trashy and sort of like a hobo gets a silver coins
i think if you pick the right place you can make a little money, but probably not enough to make it worth your time unless you really enjoyed it. ive been thinking of trying it out myself, but theres no good places around. the hall of our dorm didnt work too well.
I have no opinion on this matter.
i busk because i enjoy playing. sure, i profit, but i just love to play for people. If you don't enjoy it, then you probably shouldn't do it. but play songs people know. They like that. And happy songs, people smile at you, its a great feeling.
My thoughts are that in a big city you will face abuse.

Unfortunately tha's how it is in some places. However we did once have a famous one called the XYLOPHONE MAN but he passed away. try hitting up "xylophone man, nottingham" on google!
I've been here since '04.

I used to sit on a bin in Cambridge and play some covers. Good times... included the theme tunes for Sailor Moon and Pokémon, and Borat's 'In My Country There Is Problem'.
Quote by NFFC_1865
My thoughts are that in a big city you will face abuse.

Unfortunately tha's how it is in some places. However we did once have a famous one called the XYLOPHONE MAN but he passed away. try hitting up "xylophone man, nottingham" on google!

I go to school in the heart of the city and from my experience,most buskers who people dont really like are just ignored I dont know about there though.People who keep busking in the same place,same time usually get more respect
ive been thinking of doing it but i need some songs to play
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
I hate buskers who play all the obvious stuff eg. Stairway, Nothing else matters, Hotel California all over and over again. Haven't seen a single good guitar busker in my town.
Me and my friend used to busk outside a fish and chip shop near the beach; we'd just jam most of the time and we had a lot of fun. It was a huge tourist spot so there were always plenty of people hanging around, they could see we were enjoying ourselves and often gave gold coins, so a lot of the time we'd end up with $30+ at the end of a session.. It was pretty good! And neither of us are exceptionally talented guitarists or singers, so not only was it profitable it was also a bit of a confidence boost We'd do a few covers too. Always draws a crowd if they hear a song they know.
FUNK IS THE WAY

you can be in my dreams if i can be in yours
Go for it, but it's way better with a friend, or group, I remember my first time busking in the high school, good times haha
Quote by Zeppelin08
I busted a nut because my g-string was too tight.

Quote by rexreeper99
Hendrix. he played jazz right? lol. im real bad with names.

i guess jazz could work

add me up http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/cactus/
u have to be original man, if u wanna make the big bucks, i walked passed this hobo the other day play drums with two buckets and a cymbal! he was hauling it in, needless to say.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by coolo
ive been thinking of doing it but i need some songs to play

Good Busking songs:
-Good Riddance-Greenday
-Hotel California-The Eagles
-Someday Someday-Thirsty Merc
-Knockin on Heavens Door-Bob Dylan/Guns'n'roses
-The Gambler-Kenny Rodgers
-Turn the Page- 1 of the 1000's of versions of this song!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Good Busking songs:
-Good Riddance-Greenday
-Hotel California-The Eagles
-Someday Someday-Thirsty Merc
-Knockin on Heavens Door-Bob Dylan/Guns'n'roses
-The Gambler-Kenny Rodgers
-Turn the Page- 1 of the 1000's of versions of this song!!

that and
Layla _eric clapton
Babe im gonna leave you - LEd Zep
some slide guitar would be cool, non guitarist love that shiz
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by dayvbayb
that and
Layla _eric clapton
Babe im gonna leave you - LEd Zep
some slide guitar would be cool, non guitarist love that shiz

Ohh!
&
Cocaine-Eric Clapton
Come as you are- Nivara
Nothing else matters-Metallica
Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol
Hey there Delailah-Plain White t's
Here without you-3 doors down
Wild Thing-The Trogs
Cover of the rolling stone-Dr Hook
oh, And if all else fails.........

........Keilbasa-The D
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Nah but once I get a Microcube, I plan on taking it and some backing tracks to the street, and jamming there, thus busking.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Make sure you have a list of at least 10 songs you can play that at no point you have to pause in or lose an even sound in.

Sounds really obvious but thought it's worth saying anyway.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']I hate buskers who play all the obvious stuff eg. Stairway, Nothing else matters, Hotel California all over and over again. Haven't seen a single good guitar busker in my town.

Seriously when did you hear a busker playing Stairway, Nothing Else Matters, or Hotel California?
Buskers play folk songs and easy to sing and play at the same time stuff.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Good luck, Dude. While American street musicians (as long as they dont impead traffic or block sidewalks) are generally protected by the first ammendment, having amplified vox and music can be in violation of local laws as being a nuisance. check it out. Learn about 20-30 songs and you should do well. Also, Learn some regional songs, i.e. if someone is from Alabama, play "Sweet Home Alabama" ..from Georgia play "Georgia on my Mind"etc. Enjoy yourself and be ready ro rake in the cabbage.

Dish
Quote by hazzmatazz
Does busking in the corriders of my school count...

It was pretty fun

i love doing that. people come and sing along. it's sooo fun.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone