Ok so im plannin to replace the tremolo in my Jackson PS4, with a Schaller or OFR...but im wonderin while im at it should i replace all the ****ty electronics, ie. pots, switches, input jack...i get a fuzz when im not touching a piece of metal so i think it'd be a good idea? whatcha think?

also overall is it worth fixing up the guitar? its got a quilted maple top and alder body, rosewood fingerboard...or should i save and get like an epiphone or somethin
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Last edited by aaron00lee at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by aaron00lee
also overall is it worth fixing up the guitar? its got a quilted maple top and alder body, rosewood fingerboard...or should i save and get like an epiphone or somethin

why downgrade?
hmm...good point, also can i re inlay it? its got the white dots on the top of the part, not the mid like most guitars...can i somehow get those out and hand route new ones, like u no make a block inlay or somethin...i can do small scale wood working fairly well
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
u can re inlay it as long as the new inlays go over the old inlays that u take out. so block inlays will work.

and the buzzing problem is caused by improperly grounded electronics. is the control cavity shielded? if not, buy some copper shielding tape and line the entire cavity with it.

good luck
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Hmm...do u have a pic of what a properly shielded cavity looks like?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
http://home.comcast.net/~baimun/carvin4.jpg

see the copper shielding? just stick that around the cavity. just buy a roll of that tape from stew mac or sumthing. pretty cheap.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer