ok heres the issue my music class is doing a Unit on Australian music i need a challenging or impressive to the ears of those "non bassist" types piece to play at the end of that term written by and Australian bassist if thats not possible i might be able to convince my music teacher something else is more appropriate.
I am me. Live with it.
Maybe something by the Living End bassist... Witch Doctor sounds impressive and is pretty easy.
Quote by crazynickman
Dont be sad roo, you pwned him!
yea well the living end is out i kinda killed that by playing some of their stuff with the whole class two years ago... he told me chili peppers wasn't enough of a stretch for me as i can play anesthesia (and have for an assesment) ne ideas people cuz im REALLY lost as far as Australian bassists go
I am me. Live with it.
Flea was born here in Oz.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Yeah I had to do the same thing, and I couldn't find anything so I just made up my own song.
sorry to hijack but do any of you aussie bassists live in sydney? if so, are u willing to join a metal band based around the st george area? i think i've talked to dead-rip, ur located at the northern beaches ye? pity that.

so ye pm me if ur available. cheers
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Well, if you're Australian, I see no problem, just write something.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Hey, as far as Flea goes, maybe try 'nobody weird like me'? It could be a challenge of a high enough stature to pass your teachers eye.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Look at COG.. Man they are good
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
thanks guys and at macaroni i don't know neone out there sorry man if u sed Newcastle or something i might have been able to help ya out with a bassist i might be able to pull the flea thing if i remind my teacher of the fact he was originally an aussie but writing 3 minutes of stuff that just shows off various techniques is prolly my best bet........

thanks for the ideas guys ill look at all of em bfor just jamming out 3 minutes becomes an option
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by aguacateojos
Two words - The Bamboos

there from my suburb, rowville(albums called rawville) .
well some of them. .
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Shannon Birchall from the john butler trio is probably one of the best australian bassists
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
thanks guys for all the suggestions for some reason wen i thought COG i immediately jumped to Karnivool lol ill prolly play shutterspeed or roquefort thanks guys
I am me. Live with it.