ShredNChunk
876 IQ
Whats the difference between those 2? Which suits better for pure shredding?
forwhomthebells
421 IQ
I think Wizard II neck is a shredders neck but im not sure whats thediffrence
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
pifty
Lurkin'
436 IQ
The SA neck is a tad thicker and thus has a more classic feel to it. Other than that, the SA and Wizard II have the same width and fretboard radius.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Jestersage
3,362 IQ
Also, Wizard II feels a bit more curved at the back, while Wizard feels a bit more flat. However, compare to Gibson and Fender, they are still quite thin.
ShredNChunk
876 IQ
How much thicker is the SA neck compared to the Wizard II neck? If i really want to shred, and have maximum playability, would i be much better of with an RG321MH instead of an SA120 for example?
pifty
Lurkin'
436 IQ
Two millimeters. It won't slow you down, just like the thinner Wizard II probably won't make you shred any better. SA necks are still very thin compared to the majority of non-Ibanez necks.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!