Hello everyone and I apologize to admins if I made a thread in a wrong place ^^

I'm kinda new to electric guitar world and amp's and stuff. I've gotten a hold of some book so I'll learn it soon.

The reason i'm posting this is that i need help to set up or tune whatever you say for it, my amp. I just can't get a good sound

Using Laney LX12 10w small amplifier, and Hammer XT series guitar, i also got some Behringer pedal. Would be helpful if someone explain in short what do i need to set up and how :S .

Most sounds i get are weak and kinda pale.

Thank you.
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unaware of loss
Nor aware of gain
Withstood pain to create many weapons
Waiting for one's arrival
I have no regrets this is the only path
1st lets get a lil more detail on that pedal & the guitar youre using. 2nd play with the f***n knobs dude....seriously....how do u think any1 else did it?! they tinkered until they found something they liked....kids these days are so f***n spoiled...they want everything handed to them in detailed instructions.... just wing it man...if you cant get the sound you want get som new gear
3rd what kinda sound do you want?
Quote by jbaker253
1st lets get a lil more detail on that pedal & the guitar youre using. 2nd play with the f***n knobs dude....seriously....how do u think any1 else did it?! they tinkered until they found something they liked....kids these days are so f***n spoiled...they want everything handed to them in detailed instructions.... just wing it man...if you cant get the sound you want get som new gear
3rd what kinda sound do you want?

Nobody loves you. You're an ass.

What type of sound are you looking for? (to the threadstarter)

And yeah, this is in the wrong forum.
Quote by minichibi
Nobody loves you. You're an ass.

a.k.a. fuck off
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
i'm simply stating the obvious truth that every1 else is afraid to say... turn the knobby things until you find something you like...i can't tell you how many weeks ive spent playing with the sounds from my gear
Quote by jbaker253
i'm simply stating the obvious truth that every1 else is afraid to say... turn the knobby things until you find something you like...i can't tell you how many weeks ive spent playing with the sounds from my gear

actually mate, if it's a cheap amp the distortion might have no dynamics which means using the volume controls makes no difference. Even if it does, it'll sound ****e. Thing is that not all amps behave like tube amps. Anyway even if they did, why should someone not use a pedal, you can get different sounds then your amp makes and you can boost the distortion for stuff like solos beyond what the amp is capable of providing. Stop being such a wanker mate.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
what kinda bands and sounds do you want to sound like? i'll admit that was d**chy of me. i should cut the kid some slack. everybody has got to start somewhere. i'm all for pedals. i use several myself.
Quote by jbaker253

Yeah, you seem like the kind of guy who'd spend weeks on end playing with a knob.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ haha
Gear!
Guitars:
Epiphone Dot VS
Ovation Celebrity CC024
Jackson JS30DK
Squier Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass
Pedals:
Vox OTT Boost
Amps:
Laney LV300
I am sorry to answer so late my work isn't letting me get a bit of a break. And no mate i am not a kid, just someone who doesn't have weeks to turn the buttons ^^.

Well basically im playing metal, any kind of metal (mostly), of course i play some classics too. Either way, more info on the pedal and guitar well i can just write it what i see written on them.

Pedal: Behringer Ultra metal UM100
Guitar: Hamer XT Series Californian Q/T

Thank you all for posting so much and i apologize once more for missing the thread place.

PS. What kind of sound do i like... Well Blind Guardian distortion sound i just perfect but i know i can only dream of it with this gear, any similar or as strong is good. Also i would like to know what pedals do they use if anyone knows (and how are they set), if possible.
Unaware of loss
Nor aware of gain
Last edited by rexdefuror at Feb 23, 2008,
well the problem is that we can't really tell you what you should do to get a tone you like with that gear. It's just something that comes with time and a lot of playing about with knobs.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."

That's a very sad thing to hear. I thought I'll be able to find some solution to my time issue. My mistake. Sorry for taking your time and thank you for all your help. I also give my thanks to admins who allowed this thread to remain here this long.
Unaware of loss
Nor aware of gain