any comments on this guitar?
is it any good?
what genre is it built for mainly?

i play almost everything i can.
metallica -> rhcp -> foo fighters -> arctic monkeys.
comments please.
Why does everyone on UG listen/play the same crap?

You're all like little minime's running around with no idea of what good gear is, it's pretty funny.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
oh and whats the difference between a:
Schecter Omen Extreme 6
and a
Schecter Omen Extreme 7?
some of them are named:
Schecter Omen FR Extreme also.

what are the differences please?
1. its not crap
2. you listen what you want, i listen what i want, its none of your business.
3. i know what good gear is, i dont have the money for it.
4. dont be such a tight ass, why dont you stop bitching and give me constructive comments?
Quote by HavokStrife
Why does everyone on UG listen/play the same crap?

You're all like little minime's running around with no idea of what good gear is, it's pretty funny.

Because we're not all ignorant metalheads?

Also, to TS, I don't have much experience with Schecters but I know someone who owns an Omen and swears by it. A Schecter Omen 7 would just be the 7 string version of it. The guitars are built mainly for hard rock/metal, with some good Seymour Duncan pickups you'd probably get a really wide tonal tange. Then again, you might with the stock pups too.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
hahaha whoops didnt know 7 means 7 string, how stupid.
well anyway, what about the FR version?
hmm... so the guitars a pretty good buy right?
how does it handle the clean sounds though?

heh heh i have it on a package together with a randall rx30d for $400. heh heh.
The FR version has a floating trem on it, no idea what they're like.

And as I said before, I don't have any personal experience with them so I'm not too sure about their clean tones. However, the reviews seem to give pretty good write-up on the Omen 6 and quite a few people mentioned the FR, saying they wish they'd purchased that one instead.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
FR means it has a Floyd Rose (licensed). The pickups on many of their lesser expensive guitars are Seymour Duncan Designed, but although not genuine Duncans, they sound much better than other Duncan Designed pickups I've tried from other manufacturers. I would say they do cleans pretty well, however it's going to be more dependent on the amp you get.

A very nice guitar in my opinon and well worth the money. As far as the amp though, I'd probably go with something different. The Blackheart stack runs about the same as the Randall you named, as well as a few other tube amplifiers like the Palomino v16 Combo or the Epiphone Valve Jr. stack. With each of those though, you'd probably want an overdrive pedal. A little bit more expense, but much better sound, in my opinion.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
you do realize that you could make any humbucker guitars (bar mebe hollows for hi gain) sound exactly the same through amp with an eq and the right technique?
i'd say worry most about the feel and second about the look, then the pups(but still most stock pups usually suck)
hakael - haha dude, i cant change the amp man, it all comes in a package for just $400, which is a price that i cant complain/bargain. where else do you hear of a schecter omen extreme + randall rx30d for only $400? and its brand new man :P but still, thanks for the advice.

mrmarc - oh man, hakael says the pups (pick ups right?) are good while youre suggesting it might suck :S

and from what ive read, FR scoops out more wood from your guitar, thus losing tone right?
thanks for the comments guys!
Should not this tread be moved to Basics? it seems clear the Nefarity did not even bothered to use the search option, neither to look for reviews of the guitar.... and his last question just blew me away ... ~10 cm cube of wood will not make a difference in tone for a human ear. Any of you ever calculated the total volume/mass of wood in different body shapes before buying it? :d (sarcasm)
Quote by Makron
Should not this tread be moved to Basics? it seems clear the Nefarity did not even bothered to use the search option, neither to look for reviews of the guitar.... and his last question just blew me away ... ~10 cm cube of wood will not make a difference in tone for a human ear. Any of you ever calculated the total volume/mass of wood in different body shapes before buying it? :d (sarcasm)

Well it doesn't exactly lose tone but it does change things like sustain and I know a few people that could tell by sound whether a guitar has an FR or nor. However it doesn't make a HUGE difference.
makron - if you look at the review, it doesnt answer my questions. and ive read up on FRs, if not i wouldnt know that it changes things with the guitar :/ does asking a few more questions to clarify my doubts diminish this thread? this is, after all, a forum for you to discuss topics isnt it?

hmmm i think im getting this guitar. thanks guys much appreciated