Hey Ug'ers.

A-levels are stressing me out and my OCD is going bad so for my own health my thearapist told me i should leave a-levels and do something i enjoy doing.

So i was looking at colleges around my area and it caught my eye at this.

http://www.midkent.ac.uk/CourseView.asp?2124

And i want to know what can i achieve afterwards i complete the BTEC National Award / Diploma in Music Practice. I mean can i go to university with this qualifications?

Thanks guys,

I know i can count on you lol.

Thanks

Laters.
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
Also it says in the application 'You will be asked to perform an audition piece at interview.'

Does that mean i can do a cover song or i have to imporvisation or make up a song?

hopefully its a cover.
Quote by killedbyaspork
eugh, i was looking at doing that next year...its BTEC though, so most universities will look harshly at it
You'll be able to do a cover. They basically want to see what you're capable of as a musician
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
aslong as you do good in your BTEC the uni's wont mind as its all done with points, so the better grade you get the more points and thats what they would focus on. and yeah you would be able to play a cover
Quote by Hypnotisation
eugh, i was looking at doing that next year...its BTEC though, so most universities will look harshly at it

In all fairness, if you want to look into music as a viable career, why can't you take proper guitar lessons, work your way up the grades, try to do something for yourself on hire? In all honesty, you can't see much else into it.

EDIT: You probably could do something at Uni with this, but I just simply wouldn't recommend it at all.
Okay Thanks guys.
Quote by killedbyaspork