Well, i recently bought a Randall RH150 with a Laney Cab and it's all going well, i'm loving the sound. One thing is for sure though, i need a pickup upgrade, i have an Ibanez S470 with the standard Ibanez Infinity pickups, so it kinda goes without saying.

As you guys can probably tell by the amp, i'm into metal and the such, i play a lot of leads but plenty powerfull riffs too. What kind of thing should i be looking for? If there's one thing i've never actually ventured into (due to having nice pickups on my previous guitars) it's pickups.

Cheers!
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
--Stephen Roberts
I would go with something like a Duncan Full Shred neck for leads and a Distortion bridge for some nice power.
Hmm, the RH150 isn't a great amp, but if you want to spend money on pickups then it's certainly worth it on an S470. The Infinities are a bit too muddy for metal, so go for a Super Distortion, SD JB or Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in the bridge. For the newck a PAF Pro or Jazz is more than enough. Maybe try the Dimarzio Fred/Evo as well, but remember that if you already use a high gain amp, you really don't want high-gain pickups...
Figure out how much money you're willing to spend. Then see if that amount is enough to afford a set of Bare Knuckles. They have quite the selection of very modern sounding, distortion oriented pickups and have very rapidly built a reputation as one of the foremost boutique pickups makers.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
A pair of Dimarzio Breeds would do the job nicely.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Wow..some rather different opinions there. Any more ideas/suggestions? I'll check prices and what not for the rest of them in the mean-time.
Cheers!
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
--Stephen Roberts
Breeds are powerful pickups with a thick lower midrange - good for old-school, heavy metal rhythms but they also cut through nicely for lead playing, they just don't rely on excessive treble to do so.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i actually have the exact same guitar and was in pretty much in the exact same position as you :p I opted for a Dimarzio Super Distortion in bridge and a Paf Pro in the neck. Couldnt be happier. Clear, heavy, and sounds great for pretty much anything from 80s metal to some of the newer metal. A pair of Breeds is also a good option.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Dimarzio Breeds have caught my interest. You think they would be suitable for really heavy stuff? Like melo death/black? I mean i play a lot of varied music but i think due to joining a band of whom's genre varies from thrash to melodic death i need to make sure that the pick-ups will cover that. I don't really have a price limit exactly because i'll probably just pull them outa the S470 and pop them into whatever i get next if they're good enough.

Cheers again.
--Stephen Roberts
As long as your amp is capable of those sounds then the Breeds will be too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Any suggestions on where to get them for a decent price? UK preferably =p.
--Stephen Roberts
Thomann.de is by far the best price on breeds. Last I looked thay were just over £50 a piece delivered. Cant get better than that!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
Thomann.de is by far the best price on breeds. Last I looked thay were just over £50 a piece delivered. Cant get better than that!

+1

bargain!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc