I've been looking at Gibbys, not finding exactly what i want.
If i fine one with a sunburst flame top, it doesnt have a pickguard, and vice versa.

This is my dream LP, but its an Agile, and id kinda rather have a Gibson >_>

Thanks for input.
there are plenty of 'pauls like that one. the sunburst flame maple top is pretty commom te LP standard for example) and a pickguard comes with most of them i believe, but they don't put them on the guitar sometimes on the pics.
Quote by f12button
Yes, Gibsons do make Les Pauls that look like that. They're called Gibson Les Pauls.

ahahahahahahhahahahah

+9999999999999999999999999999
Standards and most others don't come with a pickguard, believe it or not. Neither do they have the required holes for one to be added later either.

The Gibson Les Paul Classic comes with a pickguard though, and is available in Cherry Sunburst. It's exactly the same as a Standard, just with a pickguard and different stock pickups (which should be changed in both models anyway - neither the 49/50 series that the Classics have nor the BurstBucker Pros that the Standards have are really any good).

EDIT: of course, the Epis all come with pickguards.
Last edited by bokuho at Feb 18, 2008,
My Les Paul Standard came with pick guard, just not mounted on the guitar.. what if u wanna remove the pickguard, and end up with 3 holes in the body? not nice
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
well, just buy one w/o the pickguard, then put a gickguard on, doesn't seem that complicated to me,but hey, i'm not a rocket scientist so what do i know
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Of course they do. But, if u can live without the name, drop some BurstBuckers into that Agile and it would sound just like a Gibson and play pretty well for a whole lot less,considering that Gibson LP Standards are around $2,000.
I think he's also looking for the binding on that guitar.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I don't think the Gibson Les Paul Classics in the Herritage Cherry Sunburst Finish is still being sold. If they are, where?

And the Classic's herritage cherry sun finish is a little different than the others. The Red doesn't mix into the yellow much, and I just saw one yesterday at Guitarcenter, there wasn't really any yellow, it was just: Red fading into the regular wood color.

But I duno, thats just me. My favorite color is the Herritage Cherry Sunbursts on the Gibson Les Paul Standards from the 80s!!
He wants heritage cherry sunburst, maple top, creme pickguard, and a pearloid bind. I think the best you'll find is a creme binding

edit: On a Gibby. Agiles are good too though.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Last edited by theacousticpunk at Feb 18, 2008,
if you are talking anbout the coler/finish then yes. if you are talking about the shape then no because agiles use a different single cut shape, which I think looks bad.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground