Which peavey is better for ME

Someone has offered me a Triple XXX half stack for my 6505 combo

Deal or no deal?

I play metal and neoclassical
Particually medolic metal, and heavier type trash( I know about Exodus)
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
No deal! The only good thing about the XXX is the little naked ladies on the cabs imo.
Although im not the best advise when it comes to high-gain, im pretty sure the 6505 is the better amp by quite abit.
I'd actually prefer a Triple XXX.. The gain can go pretty high and the cleans and crunch channels are pretty nice too IMO.
I'd take the Triple XXX. I love the crunch channel on it. The Ultra channel is a bit too much for my tastes though. The cleans are a step up from the 6505 too!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
hate breed0rz im gonna pm youz
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
What do you play more?
Melodeath = 6505
Thrash = XXX
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I play Melo, Its like Tristania, Dark Tranquility, that kind of stuff. And then theres The BEWTALS like LOG stuff.

Those are my examples
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
I play Melo, Its like Tristania, Dark Tranquility, that kind of stuff. And then theres The BEWTALS like LOG stuff.

Those are my examples

Mark IV.

Seriously though, check it out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Mark IV.

Seriously though, check it out.

to poor haha, mabe next year, Every year th lime cat spends 1200=1600 on gear.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
to poor haha, mabe next year, Every year th lime cat spends 1200=1600 on gear.

You could pick up a used short head or a combo for around that price if we're talking dollars.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
ya but i only spend that loot at MF because of the monthly payments lol
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
What about the Inbetween.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
What about the Inbetween.

The JSX/XXX would be a more in between amp. They're both more versatile than the 6505/5150 amps.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The JSX/XXX would be a more in between amp. They're both more versatile than the 6505/5150 amps.

Ehh, the 5150 is more versatile than people think, and the XXX's clean isn't anything to be fussed about.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Ehh, the 5150 is more versatile than people think, and the XXX's clean isn't anything to be fussed about.

I had a 5150 II for a couple of weeks. It sounded nice but I found it was too gainy for a lot of applications. I'd take the clean channel in the Triple XXX over the 5150/6505 any day.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by sirlimecat

Those are my examples

Like seriously, everything was normal, i went to bed, got up next morning, went on ug..

...and everyones saying "br00talz" like its going out of fashion

wtf did i miss?
is there some "br00talz" thread explaining the origins?
Quote by binkythefurious
Like seriously, everything was normal, i went to bed, got up next morning, went on ug..

...and everyones saying "br00talz" like its going out of fashion

wtf did i miss?
is there some "br00talz" thread explaining the origins?

Coma?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
bump
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I can't frickin' stand the XXX. I tried one once, and the cleans are decent, but the crunch was ridiculously harsh and brittle, even with a mahogany/humbucker guitar (Ibanez S). The ultra channel was the same, just more gain.

Some people do like it though, so I guess it's a love it or hate it type thing. Go with the one you like best.
if you spend some time with a XXX dialing it in and such you can figure out how to get some pretty kickass tones with it...it works pretty good with my setup, one thing though is if you are dealing with a XXX combo the stock speaker/s sounds pretty ****ty, I replaced the speaker in my 1x12 with an eminence redcoat and also run a pair of texas heats in a seperate cab and they all compliment each other well and the whole harsh and brittle thing is nonexistant...I dunno, my $.02
Member of UG's gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join.
For your kinda stuff, I'd stick with the 6505. If you want to improve upon the 6505's sound, get it modded @ FJAMods or run an OD in front of it to tighten it more.
Quote by which ones pink
^It was the halfstack version I played. I figured that if I had more time with it I'd get some usable tones out of it, but it just sounded so bad that I didn't want to play it anymore lol.

yeah I can see that, it can take a lil while to find some good tones...plus if it was a stock XXX cab then it would be about a nightmare to find somethin useable...
Member of UG's gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join.