i have used both and i like DR a lot better, i think they last longer, and they have a almost a bright sound to them when they are still decently new
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
ernie ball ftw
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I use what ever I can find, DR,D'addario and Ernie ball are all awesome. But I find ernie ball really comfortable, but D'addario is more durable
D'addario for me.

IMHO and in my experience, DRs sound dull and lifeless compared to D'addarios.

Experimenting with 7-string sets on my new guitar, I swear on my life that I actually induced fret buzz with a set of DRs that disappeared when I switched to D'addario.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
To me it's really either D'Addario or Ernie Ball. Depending of what you want; EB are easier to play, but D'Addario last a lot longer.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
I personally hate EBs, they always break first, rust first and loose tone first in my experience. Il only ever use them as string to string replacments if i dont wanna fork out for a whole set and im desparate as they are the only strings i can buy locally without a drive to the music stores in town. What makes it worse is they are made 5 miles away from where i live and they are always corroding before i get them on my guitars.

tough call between Drs and D'addarios though. I think id go with the D'addarios though.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I like D'addarios because I've been using them forever and they sound great and last a good long time. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I love DRs, I've used them for probably 4 years now. They're the only electric strings I'll use!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I honestly can't feel any difference between D'addario and EB....
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I use DR.

I used to use Ernie Ball, but they make too much noise when I slide up and down the fretboard over strings. Even when the D and G strings are ringing moving around causes this horrendous screeching.

At first, I used D'Addarios. In D'Addario VS. DR, I just think DRs play better.
you should test them both!
on my classical guitar i use nothing but D´addarios...but things change on my electric and my steel stringed acoustic. on my electric i use .11 DR pure blues strings (great strings) and the DR acoustic steel strings are sweet!

but test some brands and use what you think feels best!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
D'addario are affected by the same rusting, breaking, and losing tone that Ernie Balls are. I've used D'addarios but I like the sound of Ernie Ball better. Neither are a bad set of strings.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
D'addarios seem to last pretty long. I think you'll be fine, as long as you stay away from Fender strings.. those rust way too quickly.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
For the guitars I play (all high-end Ibanez RGs), DR's feel the best. However, they're not the best for every instrument. On an LP I'd probably throw some EB's on there, same with a strat, although with a strat I'd be tempted to use D'adarrio's. It depends on the guitar imo, but for me, DRs are the way to go.
An open mind never knows too much.
Ernie Ball. I tried D'Addario once and I hated them so I switched back to EB.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
^Well, there's really a difference in tone.

D'Addario's sound brighter than other strings, while EB sound darker. DR are some kind of mid point, but to me they're "too plain". GHS are very similar to D'Addario, too, but since I've been using D'Addario for 8 years, I prefer to stay with them . And well, I also tried Dean Markley and... ugh, they were awful in all possible ways. So for that reason I say, D'Addario or Ernie Ball, depending of the sound you want.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by halikus
What makes it worse is they are made 5 miles away from where i live and they are always corroding before i get them on my guitars.

Corrode BEFORE they even get installed on your guitar? Where the hell you store them? in a steamroom? Come on

Quote by Mahoru
D'Addario's sound brighter than other strings, while EB sound darker.

Yea I always found D'Addario's too bright, but Ernie Balls have a warmer sound, not dark. I prefer EB's or GHS Boomers.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Mahoru
To me it's really either D'Addario or Ernie Ball. Depending of what you want; EB are easier to play, but D'Addario last a lot longer.

+1
and another thing to add, ernie ball gives you a warm tone and d´addario gives you a more brighter sound
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
I love my DR Pure Blues!
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Quote by Mobius Man
I love my DR Pure Blues!

same ones I use, 4 lyfe mang.

DR are my precious.
^as i said, i use them too! what gauge?:P
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!