I currently am in a band and we dont necessarily have the best gear. Both guitarists have line 6 spider 3 30 watt amps, bass player has a 50 watt ibanez amp, drums are a good set (i'm not a drummer but from other drummers i here he has a decent set), and our mic set up is pretty good. Our shows average about 30-60 people and we usually play at parties only involving that much people. From what I hear we sound good and our amps our loud enough and sound good. But from maybe a more expert perspective would you recommend keeping these or upgrading to bigger amps. We want to stay in the line 6 category because we love the preset channels they have and just love the sound they create.
Quote by mazdarocks99
I currently am in a band and we dont necessarily have the best gear. Both guitarists have line 6 spider 3 30 watt amps, bass player has a 50 watt ibanez amp, drums are a good set (i'm not a drummer but from other drummers i here he has a decent set), and our mic set up is pretty good. Our shows average about 30-60 people and we usually play at parties only involving that much people. From what I hear we sound good and our amps our loud enough and sound good. But from maybe a more expert perspective would you recommend keeping these or upgrading to bigger amps. We want to stay in the line 6 category because we love the preset channels they have and just love the sound they create.

Don't buy a bigger Spider, you'll regret it when you get an ear for tone. It may sound good now but you'll regret it when you realized you wasted your money. Look into tube amps if you have a big enough budget, otherwise the Roland Cube 60 is usually a good bet.

Also, what kind of music do you play?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
dont be a douche, dont get a sh*tty spider, go tube!
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
If you start to play any bigger shows than that you will have to turn the spiders up really loud they will sound bad as they are digital and most digital amps do that. You should check out things like used valvekings and any of the other peavey valve amps as they are really good value.
Well we play alot of AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Wolfmother, and the music we write is a mix of black sabbath, led zeppelin, wolfmother, and AC/DC. Our budget is probably around 400-600 each. So let me know wats good for that price and maybe some below or above that price
Quote by mazdarocks99
But from maybe a more expert perspective would you recommend keeping these or upgrading to bigger amps. We want to stay in the line 6 category because we love the preset channels they have and just love the sound they create.

If you really like the sound of your Spiders, you probably aren't ready to upgrade. It would be a very bad plan to just get a larger version of those amps.

Quote by mazdarocks99
Well we play alot of AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Wolfmother, and the music we write is a mix of black sabbath, led zeppelin, wolfmother, and AC/DC. Our budget is probably around 400-600 each. So let me know wats good for that price and maybe some below or above that price

forsaknazrael offers great suggestions:

Quote by forsaknazrael
I'd look in the used market, for Peavey Classic 30's, Traynor YCV40's, Traynor YCV50 Blues. Would be perfect for those tones.

Crate makes a solid, inexpensive product, too. The Palomino V32, Crate V30. Keep in mind that 15W of tube is probably louder than your current amp, and that 30W is a significant volume upgrade.

All the bands you list play tubes, and none of them are particularly high gain (outside of some FF). All these amps would cover 90% of what you're playing on their own, and get the rest with a decent overdrive pedal.

For your bass player, SWR and Ampeg make decent 200W range combos for under $600 that would be worth investing in.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ +1 to everything that was just said
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
these guys know what they're on about
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
^ Ashdown is awesome for bass. I highly recommend them. I used to have one as my main bass amp, shame I had to sell it...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by mazdarocks99
Would the The Palomino V32 be good for live shows for about 30-60 people?

Yeah, definitely.

I was at Guitar Center today, and they had the head for $315. You could get the head & cab together for under $600, or the combo for $450. Great values. I was lingering around the head, which I don't need even a little bit.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.