so im building a bc rich mocking bird with a mohogony body maple neck and ebony fret board bolt on neck tune-o-madic bridge string throught 24 9/16 scale length
24 3/4 frets dean style headstock angled at 15 degrees off the 3 degree fret board 3 way pickup selector with a on on on toggle b bn n and i havent desided yet but two tone and one volume now the question stands what pickups i know i want humbuckers and i have a large spacing do il use trembuckers i think but idk any ideas comments anything
try a period somewhere in that sentence.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Sounds cool man,
On another note mabey using periods might be helpful to read.

pun.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Your first mistake was getting a Chinese lady to cut your hair.

Your second mistake was getting someone who doesn't speak English to cut your hair.

Your third mistake was listening to your dicklock parents.

kool. when u starting?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
You might want to try using some periods.

Ah, that was a dick move. But seriously man it sounds like a cool build. I'm guessing ur going for a metal guitar so i suggest a humbucker set of EMG 81 and an 85.
And for the maple neck, try some birdseye maple.
And if you want the ebony fretboard to be a true black color, you got to buy a stain.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Colors,_tints,_and_stains/Black_Fingerboard_Stain.html
There's a link.
Have fun and post some pics. I'm building a PRS similar to the same woods so once I post some pics up check it out and crit it maybe?
i would have said 81 and 89 in the neck....89 is coil splittable

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
i would have said 81 and 89 in the neck....89 is coil splittable

That too. EMG is great for metal, so you can't really go wrong.
DiMarzio D-Activators are nice if you don't want to cut glass with your leads and if you think EMG's have too much compression (I personally do, but that's just me). They're awesome for metal, and you won't risk batteries dying as they're passive pickups.
all humbuckers are splitable, birds eye maple is to bright btw im a cabnitmaker, i absolutly hate emg, pieriods suck they should only come once a month, and the guy building the prs you dont happen to be in kingston do ya?
Quote by dragonofice3
all humbuckers are splitable, birds eye maple is to bright btw im a cabnitmaker, i absolutly hate emg, pieriods suck they should only come once a month, and the guy building the prs you dont happen to be in kingston do ya?

Only humbuckers with 4 wires are (or 5 like some duncans) are splitable. Birds eye maple isnt too bright. My ibanez has a maple neck and it isn't too bright. And I can't imagine that birds eye maple sounds too different from standard unfigured maple.

Quote by dragonofice3
24 9/16 scale length
24 3/4 frets

The frets need to be spaced according to the scale length. So whichever you plan to use, stick to it. But due to you sentence structure it reads that your guitar will have 24 3/4 frets
Last edited by supergerbil at Feb 20, 2008,
update so i went with a mahogany body the three way is on the top horn like a dibson i went with a blue finish and semi gloss staine maple neck with rose wood fret board 24 3/4 frets i used a seymore duncan jazz pickup in the neck and a sh-6 trembucker in the bridg position a t-o-m bridge with string through body disigne bolt on neck with furrels the headstock is standard 3L-3R no position markers i used one volume push pull and a tone when u use the push pull it splits the pickups illl be posting pics soon
youd better hope noone reads that aloud, or else they might die of oxygen starvation, you really need periods. Sounds pretty good though
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck norris

A lot
Quote by dragonofice3
update so i went with a mahogany body the three way is on the top horn like a dibson i went with a blue finish and semi gloss staine maple neck with rose wood fret board 24 3/4 frets i used a seymore duncan jazz pickup in the neck and a sh-6 trembucker in the bridg position a t-o-m bridge with string through body disigne bolt on neck with furrels the headstock is standard 3L-3R no position markers i used one volume push pull and a tone when u use the push pull it splits the pickups illl be posting pics soon

sick, i love dibson guitars!

PICS!

------

Shwiggity.