Page 1 of 2
Quote by kaptink
Reckon Vai's one too?

Wouldn't surprise me...

Dammit, Scientologists are basically brainwashed. I can't see how any sane person can possibly believe the crap they do.
Nice guy, actually. Too bad his bass playing is horrible.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
He's a great guy - if you watch the videos he tries to answer everything and is very polite. But the "church" of scientology is just crazy stuff.
*removed*
Quote by kaptink
Reckon Vai's one too?

I'm pretty sure Vai is some type of christian.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by webbtje
Wouldn't surprise me...

Dammit, Scientologists are basically brainwashed. I can't see how any sane person can possibly believe the crap they do.

Its this thing when you go their they talk to you in certain ways that you want to come back. When you come back they ask you personal information, then more and more. All members of scientology are blackmailed, look it up on youtube BBC did an undercover thing.

EDIT, he seems like a really nice guy anyways
Last edited by crustyreed at Feb 18, 2008,
My opinion of scientology is very negative. My respect for the man has gone down.

Ugh. So many celebrities are converting to this 'church'. I thought they all had a little more common sense.
Quote by ValoRhoads
I'm pretty sure Vai is some type of christian.

Brainwashed too?
He was stumped on a lot of issues, but at least he wasn't an utter faggot about it.

I'd be more ashamed to be associated with that stupid woman interupting him all the time, than with him.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
My opinion of scientology is very negative. My respect for the man has gone down.

Ugh. So many celebrities are converting to this 'church'. I thought they all had a little more common sense.

Pffft, Billy went in 1971 before it was cool.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Pffft, Billy went in 1971 before it was cool.

True 'dat.

Billy is the original prankster.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH

Celebrities... sense?

What is this you talk about?
Believe what you wanna believe "Hang the sense of it and keep yourself busy" wise words from a wise book based completely on fiction. I.E. It wasn't the alien overlord or whatever it is those scientologists worship kickin ass on that bass, it was Billy. Let them believe what they want and I will believe what I want.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!

yeah.....um....

he's cool, he's very polite.
he's very nice
he's very respectful
he's not Co$ material......
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
That was a unfair attack on Billy (who was very nice towards them).He was the only person there against like 3 other people who were mocking,belittling, and verbally attacking him for no reason at all.This whole I hate Xenu thing is very stupid on both sides.I don't get why Americans are such harsh human beings towards other cultural ideas and believes? When a American IMO ask why they aren't liked that well.... the answer is stuff like this.

Edit: Its mostly Americans.
Last edited by Techtonic at Feb 18, 2008,
^it aint just americans......
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
No... No... No... No...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
what is with people Scientology is MADE UP and if you think it is true you are a ****ing retard
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
The problem I and most people have with scientology is the fact that it's an exclusive club for the rich masquerading as a religeon.

Religeons try to spread their word to as many people as they can hoping those people will benefit from their teachings (In theory), scientology tries to spread its word to as many people who can afford it as they can.

Also it appears their entire belief system is even less credible than the divinity beliefs of the existing religeons.

Catholic priest-ninjas (we all know they exist) need to get involved and shut scientology down.

with shurikens and kunai.
Vai's not a Christian or Scientologist. He's a follower of Sant Mant, a branch of Hinduism.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
Wow, what assholes. He believes some crackpot theories but that doesn't mean they should go up and attack him and make him uncomfortable about it. Do it to someone like Tom Cruise who's an asshole about it, but not to Billy Sheehan.
Dickless.
Quote by Techtonic
That was a unfair attack on Billy (who was very nice towards them).He was the only person there against like 3 other people who were mocking,belittling, and verbally attacking him for no reason at all.This whole I hate Xenu thing is very stupid on both sides. ------I don't get why Americans are such harsh human beings towards other cultural ideas and believes? ------ When a American IMO ask why they aren't liked that well.... the answer is stuff like this.

A. Agree.

B. WTF? They murdered someone, and they brainwash the children they take care of!

C. They're harsh because they have common sense. In every other country in the world, Scientology is seen as a sect, and not recognized as a religion or church. It is a despicable entity.

D. What, they're not liked because they don't promote murder? I'm sorry then, people should hate me too.

We have no duty of tolerance towards sects. They are dangerous and they harm people. And for the love of all that is human, any religion that believes 10 trillion humans fit on the face of the earth deserves to be persecuted.
Quote by slashnmash

I've just been reading up on that; it's very interesting.

I'm glad aweareness is being spread about $cientology.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Techtonic
That was a unfair attack on Billy (who was very nice towards them).He was the only person there against like 3 other people who were mocking,belittling, and verbally attacking him for no reason at all.This whole I hate Xenu thing is very stupid on both sides.I don't get why Americans are such harsh human beings towards other cultural ideas and believes? When a American IMO ask why they aren't liked that well.... the answer is stuff like this.

Its not that I'm an American, its that I'm an atheist. Christianity, Judaism and other religions are just as far out there to me as Scientology. Its just I never knew until now that Billy was a Scientologist.
*removed*
Scientology was created in order to rip off people who actually believed it or were brainwashed to believe it.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Scientology was created in order to rip off people who actually believed it or were brainwashed to believe it.

Seriously, who would fall for any of the Scientology garbage? It was made in the 1950's by a science fiction writer, and not even a good one. Can't they see that?
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
I don't get why Americans are such harsh human beings towards other cultural ideas and believes?

Religion isn't race, it has an actual bearing on the character of a person. Unlike race, religion entails certain beliefs, traditions, and practices. It is a perfectly legitimate target of hatred and discrimination. Religion in general and Scientology is particular should be viciously attacked at every opportunity, and it's members ridiculed. It should be erased from the face of the planet, mentioned only periodically in history books so that small school children can laugh at the stupidity of other people.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Religion isn't race, it has an actual bearing on the character of a person. Unlike race, religion entails certain beliefs, traditions, and practices. It is a perfectly legitimate target of hatred and discrimination. Religion in general and Scientology is particular should be viciously attacked at every opportunity, and it's members ridiculed. It should be erased from the face of the planet, mentioned only periodically in history books so that small school children can laugh at the stupidity of other people.

*giggles at militant atheists*

The major religions aren't exactly the same as sects.
Quote by Archeo Avis

Personal religion can be a good thing.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
Shame... SHAME!!!!

Although I find Entwhistle and Wuten more talented, although he is pretty fast.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by webbtje

What do you mean byt that?
*removed*
Quote by webbtje

This can hardly qualify as a religion though, can it?

As I recall, it wasn't even a religion till the tax man came along...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Page 1 of 2