hey im looking to buy some strings for a guitar with a floyd and i want to put them in drop c(cgcfad) tuning- which company of strings do u guys suggest and include the guages and name of the set if possible
DR Strings. 11-50. I suggest the High Voltage (Dime's Signature) or the TITE-FIT strings.
I just got some earnie ball strings 10-52. They are orange (well the cover is). You may need to readjust ur guitar tho. I did with my strat but I dnt know about ur guitar. Hope it helps
ok cuz some ppl on other forums said that ernie ball 11-54 beefy slinky would work. but ill prob try the dime sigs if possible
Quote by slogankid1
I just got some earnie ball strings 10-52. They are orange (well the cover is). You may need to readjust ur guitar tho. I did with my strat but I dnt know about ur guitar. Hope it helps

yeh i know that im gonna hafta buy anotehr spring and adjust my guitar-im okay with itthnks newayz-also-do they play well?
i have a question tho-the thing abt the dimebag sigs-wont the bridge sink into the cavity a little bit since the low e is not thick enough?cuz with the ernie balls they have it as 11-52(i think) which i think might be better at holding up the bridge. cuz with floating bridges a lot of the tension is held up by the lower pitched strings and thats why the bridge sinks down a little when u loosen the low e.
With the DR strings, you can get 11-50s, or 12-52s. They dont have 11-52s however.