EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,699 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Don't.

Honestly, not being melodramatic "wahh my band sold out."

Seriously.
Don't listen to it.

I listened to I Feel Like Dancin' a few times and I didn't like it, I thought it was the worst song they've ever done, I assume the rest of the album is like that?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
It's terrible man. The album's either about on par, or a bit worse. Guts was close to staying in my itunes, but just wasn't worth it. Heroes was close, but it was too much of a New Found Glory rip off to warrant staying, and it still wasn't even that good.

Dirty Work really made me sad. I liked these guys.
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,699 IQ
I really didn't mind Nothing Personal despite the poppiness.

I think it's funny though that they've made this allegedly awful album, but then the video for I Feel Like Dancin' looks like it's supposed to be about freedom from labels and everything :/

All the ATL fangirls said I Feel Like Dancin' was some kind of parody song meant to take the piss out of pop music.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Apparently it was, and the music video was exemplifying that. It was in fact a parody song.

The only problem is the rest of the album is filled with songs like that. So either the whole thing's a big joke, or they ended up becoming the thing they were poking fun at.
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,699 IQ
It's sad considering ATL used to be a pretty serious band, listening to Put Up or Shut Up will probably make me sad now.

Set Your Goals managed to write a song about not selling out and make it awesome (Mutiny!), I don't see why it has to be a joke. I know ATL are jokers on tour and stuff but an entire album of it...wtf.

StonaLemons
because lemons are cool
179 IQ
Say Anything's 'Belt' is an awesome not-selling-out sort of song.

How many albums have ATL had since that one with weightless came out? I lost interest in them after that. I did quite like them when i saw them something like 2 years ago.
championguitar
Federal Agent
658 IQ
Im not a big fan of dirty work, it has a few good songs but its to poppy for me
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by championguitar
Im not a big fan of dirty work, it has a few good songs but its to poppy for me

Which ones were good?
championguitar
Federal Agent
658 IQ
Time bomb and heros are my favorite. Ill put a full list once i get home.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Thank you for mentioning Time Bomb. It is probably the worst on the album for the following reasons.

1) Matt Squier thought he could apply the same formula as Boys Like Girls
2) It is virtually the same song as Love Drunk
3) The lyrics are some of the worst Gaskarth has written. Contrived, bland, grammatically incorrect.
4) The music itself doesn't have a spark of life

Heroes was close to being good, but as I said earlier, it was kinda just a NFG rip but sub par.
Gerard_xD
-
684 IQ
I doubt he has to write the lyrics at all anymore, they probably get given to him.

offthewall91
UG's Batgirl
213 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Thank you for mentioning Time Bomb. It is probably the worst on the album for the following reasons.

1) Matt Squier thought he could apply the same formula as Boys Like Girls
2) It is virtually the same song as Love Drunk
3) The lyrics are some of the worst Gaskarth has written. Contrived, bland, grammatically incorrect.
4) The music itself doesn't have a spark of life

Heroes was close to being good, but as I said earlier, it was kinda just a NFG rip but sub par.

This. I listened to maybe 4 songs from that album and all I could think of is how much it sounded like Boys like Girls. Time-Bomb also made me feel like I was listening to Metro-Station...
I lost interest in them after "So Wrong it's Right" anyway.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!

72' Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Jet City JCA2112rc
Last edited by offthewall91 at Jun 7, 2011,
intothe
852 IQ
Other than Do You Want Me (Dead?), Forget About It and maybe Heroes, there's nothing on this album that I could see myself listening to again.
4 years ago these guys were my favorite band, shame that they want fame so badly. (No really, they say in several interviews that they hope this album will take them to new heights, and that there should be something that everyone likes on this album and so on.)
Blakeu224
426 IQ
Quote by blake1221
More or less, yes, All Time Low is growing more pop than anything else. All of their new recordings (Time Bomb? Gag me.) sound disgustingly slick, and it doesn't have a hint of the honesty in the music or lyrics that originally got me into this band.

Its nice to meet someone that has the same name as me and agrees with my view on all time low. Dirty Work is growing on me for sure, but Time Bomb is rediculous. I think All Time Low needs to get back to their roots, but the label is never going to let them do this. I dont know why they are so worried about becoming popular... they are one of the biggest pop-punk bands around.

Another thing that bothers me is i feel like their live show is getting worst. I saw the last stop of the Dirty Work tour at UMBC a few weeks ago, and it was not nearly as good as any other time i have seen them. Maybe its becuase it was the last show and they were tired, but wouldnt they want to save the best for last in their own hometown?
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
m1tch4444
516 IQ
Quote by Blakeu224
I think All Time Low needs to get back to their roots, but the label is never going to let them do this. I don't know why they are so worried about becoming popular... they are one of the biggest pop-punk bands around.

Totally agree. FFS, you'd think that labels would have realised by now, you don't get new fans by making the music you produce worse, or the same as every other band in the goddamn genre. Sometimes you have to keep that originality that made them great.
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by Blakeu224
Its nice to meet someone that has the same name as me and agrees with my view on all time low. Dirty Work is growing on me for sure, but Time Bomb is rediculous. I think All Time Low needs to get back to their roots, but the label is never going to let them do this. I dont know why they are so worried about becoming popular... they are one of the biggest pop-punk bands around.

Another thing that bothers me is i feel like their live show is getting worst. I saw the last stop of the Dirty Work tour at UMBC a few weeks ago, and it was not nearly as good as any other time i have seen them. Maybe its becuase it was the last show and they were tired, but wouldnt they want to save the best for last in their own hometown?

For Dirty Work to grow on you at all means we have nothing in common lol. I deleted that piece of shit off my computer as soon as I was done listening. It is devoid of any artistic merit or any semblance of the band that put out The Party Scene.

Their live show has gone down, but it's been a steady decline. Ever since a little after Nothing Personal (which was also crap, just not as stinky and a few more redeeming factors) they've lost what made them awesome.
jkizzle
174 IQ
Look at the tab i did for the reckless and the brave! its pretty sweet!
haroldnavarrete
21 IQ
HEY GUYS! I'M FROM THE BAND DROP THE ANCHOR! WE ARE A 4 PIECE BAND FROM INDIANAPOLIS, IN! YOU GUYS SHOULD DEFINITELY CHECK US OUT! OUR SONGS CAN BE COMPARED TO ATL'S PUT UP OR SHUT UP AND A YOUNGER A DAY TO REMEMBER!

facebook.com/droptheanchorin

twitter.com/droptheanchorin

youtube.com/dtatube

instagram.com/droptheanchorin

YOU CAN LISTEN TO OUR SONGS FOR FREE ON SPOTIFY OR ON YOUTUBE! BUT IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY THEN YOU SHOULD LOOK US UP ON ITUNES!!! SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Last edited by haroldnavarrete at Jan 22, 2013,