Page 4 of 5
got the new album recently but havent had a chance to listen to it but i have to admit that 'weightless' has grown on me and i like 'damned if i do yah'
and i also want to try out the alex hairstyle lol
I'm probably the only one here who doesn't think Nothing Personal was awful. In all honesty, I had never heard of them until I saw the music video for Weightless. I loved it so much that I actually went out and bought the CD, then I eventually bought So Wrong, It's Right and Put Up or Shut Up on iTunes. There aren't a whole lot of songs they've written that I don't like.
I freakin love ATL. I know that theyre pretty generic, but somethin about them is so much better to me than any of the other bands in the genre, especially theyre older stuff.

I really think that their lyrics are much more intricate and meaningful than most other bands in the genre, especially the old stuff. The lyrics to Jasey Rae, Coffee Shop Soundtrack, and Lullabies are really well written in my opinion.

And theyre reallllly good live. i saw them about a week ago and Alex can sing just as well if not better than he does on the CD. And theyre all really funny, cool people. I got a chance to hang out with them for a little bit and theyre really goofy, chill people.

So yeah im not sure why i just typed all this but yeah....
Quote by GibsonSGPlayer
sometimes when i take a REALLY big crap, a little bit of jizz cums out of my d!ck....
honestly, is that normal??

I love all time low, witty lyrics, catchy, very positive. Im not a teenage girl nor an emo boy, just a guy haha. Ive been helped out of rough time by their songs on many occasions.
Quote by BlazingGuitar15
I love all time low, witty lyrics, catchy, very positive. Im not a teenage girl nor an emo boy, just a guy haha. Ive been helped out of rough time by their songs on many occasions.

^^^^ this
Too lazy to come up with a clever or relevant sig.
All time low is a great band.
I love their songs Jasey Rae, Lost In Stereo, Damned If I do Ya, Noel, Coffee Shop and many others Great band live
Is it just me or does the bass player look like he has no idea what he is doing? Always looks down at his fretboard.
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Quote by fender-lespaul
Is it just me or does the bass player look like he has no idea what he is doing? Always looks down at his fretboard.

Just because he looks at his hands doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's doing. He may know all the theory in the world, and know how to play extremely well, just still need to look. I mean, he most likely isn't that knowledgeable, but I think he's a pretty good player.
He constantly stares down. It's not like the bass lines are hard either. Watch Flea for instance. His bass lines are much more technical yet he doesn't stand in one spot looking down.
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
I dont know why, but I love this band. Especially the new album, its just so catchy :O

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Finally got round to buying Nothing Personal a few weeks ago. Great album.

All their stuff so far has been really good, my only worry is that they go down the same road Fall Out Boy did.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
I saw them live pretty recently, they really put on an awesome show, flawlessly performed and really good interaction with the crowd. Apart from all the jokes, it was their guitar techs birthday, so they made the crowd chant "shot" everytime he changed Alexs guitar (and they would take one), and the whole crowd even sang happy birthday to him in Swedish, good stuff
Quote by WARLOCK123
Finally got round to buying Nothing Personal a few weeks ago. Great album.

All their stuff so far has been really good, my only worry is that they go down the same road Fall Out Boy did.

I was perfectly happy with the road that fall out boy took
Quote by PCADriven
I was perfectly happy with the road that fall out boy took

What the gradual change from being a pop punk band to being a pop band?

Fall Out Boy ended up in a situation where their music was able to appeal to pop punk fans (Blink fans etc) but also appealed to the mainstream pop fans. Then they ended up with a choice (roughly when they released Infinity on High), they could've continued with that style but ended up getting stick for not evolving, or they could've changed back to a less mainstream sound and lost fans, the other option was to become more mainstream so as not to lose the mainstream support.

Fall Out Boy chose the latter and the result was Folie A Deux.

I'd be gutted if ATL took that same route because it would be a black mark on a very good band.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
What the gradual change from being a pop punk band to being a pop band?

Fall Out Boy ended up in a situation where their music was able to appeal to pop punk fans (Blink fans etc) but also appealed to the mainstream pop fans. Then they ended up with a choice (roughly when they released Infinity on High), they could've continued with that style but ended up getting stick for not evolving, or they could've changed back to a less mainstream sound and lost fans, the other option was to become more mainstream so as not to lose the mainstream support.

Fall Out Boy chose the latter and the result was Folie A Deux.

I'd be gutted if ATL took that same route because it would be a black mark on a very good band.

You are sorely mistaken. Neither Folie a Deux or Infinity on High are Pop records, they are both Fall Out Boy's new and refreshing taste on Pop Punk music. There is a "Pop" in Pop Punk, and pop elements in songs can be excpected, it fits with the genre.

Btw, i doubt that All Time Low could pull off something as genius as Folie a Deux, they are simply not as talented in that way and lack the ambition. However, Im not dissing them, they are my second favorite band.
Infinity on High wasnt bad, it just had a lot of filler, and let's not forget that it had screaming on!

I hope All Time Low incorporate more synths into their sound though.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by PCADriven
You are sorely mistaken. Neither Folie a Deux or Infinity on High are Pop records, they are both Fall Out Boy's new and refreshing taste on Pop Punk music. There is a "Pop" in Pop Punk, and pop elements in songs can be excpected, it fits with the genre.

Btw, i doubt that All Time Low could pull off something as genius as Folie a Deux, they are simply not as talented in that way and lack the ambition. However, Im not dissing them, they are my second favorite band.

I never said they were solely pop albums. Infinity on High was definitely pop punk but was 'pop' enough to appeal to the mainstream market.

Folie a Deux had some punk elements but most of it was pure pop made to feed that market.

By the end of their career I would barely call Fall Out Boy pop punk, and most other fans of the band I know agree with me.

ATL could do with mixing things up a bit, all their albums have the energetic songs and a ballad, its a very similar structure throughout.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
I never said they were solely pop albums. Infinity on High was definitely pop punk but was 'pop' enough to appeal to the mainstream market.

Folie a Deux had some punk elements but most of it was pure pop made to feed that market.

By the end of their career I would barely call Fall Out Boy pop punk, and most other fans of the band I know agree with me.

ATL could do with mixing things up a bit, all their albums have the energetic songs and a ballad, its a very similar structure throughout.

Yet, I dont think that Folie A Deux was a Pop album at all. Each song had pop-punk elements that were very important to the song, and werent simply there as a lazy edition to try to keep a pop-punk label on the band.

I agree that ATL could do to mix things up, as you said their album strucutre is predictable, but I think that fits their personality as indivuals and as a band quite well, and I fear that breaking from that mold could prove disastrous.
Quote by PCADriven
Yet, I dont think that Folie A Deux was a Pop album at all. Each song had pop-punk elements that were very important to the song, and werent simply there as a lazy edition to try to keep a pop-punk label on the band.

I agree that ATL could do to mix things up, as you said their album strucutre is predictable, but I think that fits their personality as indivuals and as a band quite well, and I fear that breaking from that mold could prove disastrous.

Oh well, thats your opinion and I have mine.

I'd have no problem with them keeping the same album structure but the whole breaking from the mould thing is what made me use FOB as an example.

I think if they were to break from the mould, they would go the wrong way about it and end up doing full on pop albums, collaborating with pop stars/rappers etc. Though at the same time I think that if they don't break from the mould sooner or later people will get bored of them, the mainstream market only thinks they've released 2 albums, which shows you how much they know about the band. I expect most people could see a progression from SWIR (So Wrong Its Right) and NP (Nothing Personal) and that resulted in better sales. But there will probably come a time when the band don't progress in that way and sales will take a hit, increased pressure on the band etc.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
Oh well, thats your opinion and I have mine.

I'd have no problem with them keeping the same album structure but the whole breaking from the mould thing is what made me use FOB as an example.

I think if they were to break from the mould, they would go the wrong way about it and end up doing full on pop albums, collaborating with pop stars/rappers etc. Though at the same time I think that if they don't break from the mould sooner or later people will get bored of them, the mainstream market only thinks they've released 2 albums, which shows you how much they know about the band. I expect most people could see a progression from SWIR (So Wrong Its Right) and NP (Nothing Personal) and that resulted in better sales. But there will probably come a time when the band don't progress in that way and sales will take a hit, increased pressure on the band etc.

Their new record sounds much more stripped down than any of their earlier records, which is an intersesting idea. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out, I think this ones pretty make or break for them.
All Time Low are touring the UK in March, good times.

bring back UG classic
Anyone heard the new song, Time Bomb?

I am upset I'm not seeing them on the tour, this band are my guilty pleasure.

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51

i've heard it its probably one of my favorite songs by them. i'd go see them but i doubt they'd come anywhere near me
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
I freaking love this band. Definitely one of my favorites, nothing guilty about it.

But Nothing Personal was shit.

I hate the "Oh's" in Time Bomb but it's not bad.....I always feel like they're missing something with what they've put out since So Wrong, It's Right.
Last edited by blake1221 at Mar 5, 2011,
I'm not sure how, but it seems Alex Gaskarth's voice increases in pitch every album they put out.

bring back UG classic
The magic of the studio. It does wonders.

They're overproducing the shit out of their music.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

This is your guilty pleasure? What about all those other terrible bands you listen to?

jkjk

kinda.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyone heard the new song, Rentacar?

fix'd
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by blake1221
The magic of the studio. It does wonders.

They're overproducing the shit out of their music.

His voice is so high pitched live as well, on Straight To DVD.

bring back UG classic
Nicer equipment, better sound. I have Straight to DVD, and skip allllll the concert footage because it's so clean and too polished compared to their older live shows.

He has a voice coach, which helps, but they edit his voice in a lot of live shows and obviously on the newer record. I don't know why he had to change his style. SWIR sounded perfect.
Quote by blake1221
Nicer equipment, better sound. I have Straight to DVD, and skip allllll the concert footage because it's so clean and too polished compared to their older live shows.

He has a voice coach, which helps, but they edit his voice in a lot of live shows and obviously on the newer record. I don't know why he had to change his style. SWIR sounded perfect.

I dont mind his new voice, it's pleasant to listen to, but yeah I prefer it on SWIR.

Overall I think the best think they've put out is Put Up Or Shut Up, I love every song there.

Apparently Time Bomb is going to be the only "dancey" song on the new record though.

I swear a lot of the time that Jack is faking in Straight To DVD, there are a lot of parts he's supposed to be playing but the video doesnt sync with what he's playing. Apparently the tour manager does a lot of live parts off stage so hm. I'm pretty sure Alex is the better guitarist out of him and Jack though.

Also Alex is from where I am from, which is so weird.

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I dont mind his new voice, it's pleasant to listen to, but yeah I prefer it on SWIR.

Overall I think the best think they've put out is Put Up Or Shut Up, I love every song there.

Apparently Time Bomb is going to be the only "dancey" song on the new record though.

I swear a lot of the time that Jack is faking in Straight To DVD, there are a lot of parts he's supposed to be playing but the video doesnt sync with what he's playing. Apparently the tour manager does a lot of live parts off stage so hm. I'm pretty sure Alex is the better guitarist out of him and Jack though.

Also Alex is from where I am from, which is so weird.

All of this.

There's one part in STDVD where Jack lifts up his guitar to show the writing saying 'herpes' or something and his part's still playing...

Quote by Gerard_xD
All of this.

There's one part in STDVD where Jack lifts up his guitar to show the writing saying 'herpes' or something and his part's still playing...

It seems like Alex is playing but Jack is just goofing around a lot of the time.

Has really pissed me off, cos I love All Time Low but it would take out the fun of seeing them live if one or more of them isnt playing.

It does seem like it's only Jack though.

bring back UG classic
Jack's playing during the show guys hahaha. They have one single recorded performance, but they used different concert footage for little segmented clips. I'm pretty sure the backing guitarist is for Alex anyways, even though he is the better guitarist he does a lot of the time put both hands on the mic.

They're all pretty talented musicians, I'm just growing more and more disappointed with what they're releasing. I hope you're right about Time Bomb being the only dancey song though.
Well that means they are good live.

I'm actually gutted I can't go to the UK tour this time round. Hopefully they'll come over again once Dirty Work is out.

bring back UG classic
Sorry to bump but I had to ask this after hearing their new stuff.

Am I the only one who thinks these guys are going the same was as Fall Out Boy?

So far they seem to be following the trend that FOB did. Both bands' first album was pop punk but decidedly more 'punk' than 'pop', the second album featured a more pop influence and which then increased on the 3rd release (please not I'm not including FOB's very first album, Evening Out With Your Girlfriend). All Time Low really do seem to be heading down this route. Don't get me wrong, I love their stuff. I think this may be something to do with management pressure due to sales. Whenever ATL/FOB released a new album it would sell more than its predecessor each time, I assume that the labels want to continue this trend and as a result pressure the band into becoming more accessible for a mainstream audience who will probably complain if the band take a less 'pop' approach.

Forgive me for rambling but I just wanted to see others' thoughts on this matter.

Quote by _bacon_

More or less, yes, All Time Low is growing more pop than anything else. All of their new recordings (Time Bomb? Gag me.) sound disgustingly slick, and it doesn't have a hint of the honesty in the music or lyrics that originally got me into this band.
Quote by blake1221
Dirty Work was the biggest piece of shit I've ever listened to.

I haven't bothered listening to it yet, I'm preoccupied with Title Fight right now.

bring back UG classic