Alright, i know this has been done many times before, but when i searched, none of the threads had any good suggestions that fit what i'm looking for (paul gilbert and jason becker are not intermediate style artists people!!).
so, i want to learn a good metal solo to help advance my playing and get me started in some shredding. nothing to incredibly difficult or any sweep-heavy solos (sweeping is fine, just nothing extensive). please give realistic suggestions, no 'u cud lern born by nevermore. dats only innermedit i can playz it gr8'.
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

Try some Megadeth, like Hangar 18 and Lucretia. They are good songs that aren't excessively difficult but are a challenge too.
Quote by Eric 666
**** I was gonna say Nevermore well how about some Opeth?

i don't have any Opeth on my Itunes, currently hopefully i'll borrow some from my friend who has some of their stuff, soon
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

She-wolf by megadeth is a good one
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Fade to Black by Metallica. The solo is long but it will help you get used to sequencing scales which is a very common shred technique. Also, Metallica's MoP, the solo isn't as long but it will really help build your speed.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1