So i got a check in the mail staurday from a guy in las vegas for $1000, signed and everything to me, no note/explanation or anything. The letter was ripped though, the corner of the check is missing because of this, the post office put a "recieved damaged" sticker on it on 2/16. I live in Nebraska so theres no way it got from Las Vegas to here in one day because i recieved it on 2/16. The routing and bank numbers are all still on it, just the top right corner is gone. I researched the guy that sent it to me and he has an auto shop, ive tried to call, no answer.

So, i want to cash it, it is in made to Bobbie, not Robert, i was always called bobbie by everyone growing up, also ive been living in my apartment for about 2 months and havent really told anyone or put it on the internet except for a musicians friend order.

What should i do pit? I know im the 100000000th person to ask wat to do but this is $1000. I dont want to be scammed but i dont see how i could if i just get straight cash. HELP!!!!!

And no, i wont rub icy hot on it.
Call the bank of the sender?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Go to the bank and cash it?
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
He's probably going to get his money's worth....out of your butt. Literally.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
lol umm thats amazing....
#1 get some beer
#2 get some hookers
#3 mayb buy some picks or strings with money left... maybe....
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Cash it, it might be a friend you know or something.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
yeah that's a puzzler... I say cash it though, I mean it's a grand... and if you don't want to take the risk I sure will, I mean I'm going to Europe in May and I could use some cash
Do you really need to ask?
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
OH WAIT I KNOW WHAT IT IS! IT'S LIKE "PAY IT FORWARD"!

now you have to do a good thing for three other people.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by SonataFanica
OH WAIT I KNOW WHAT IT IS! IT'S LIKE "PAY IT FORWARD"!

now you have to do a good thing for three other people.

Say goodbye to $3000!
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Wow, so i got a hold of the guy thats name was on it, turns out its fraudulent, theres been over 2 million bucks written out in his name. Hes got the cia in on it and everything. If i wouldv'e cashed it, i would've gone to jail. The guys practically homeless he said because of it. So if it ever happens to anyone, get a hold of the person the check belongs too.
Quote by sanction7
Wow, so i got a hold of the guy thats name was on it, turns out its fraudulent, theres been over 2 million bucks written out in his name. Hes got the cia in on it and everything. If i wouldv'e cashed it, i would've gone to jail. The guys practically homeless he said because of it. So if it ever happens to anyone, get a hold of the person the check belongs too.

That is like, the most brutal karma test ever invented. Someone is a malicious genius.
Quote by stringmagician
That is like, the most brutal karma test ever invented. Someone is a malicious genius.

Freaky thing is, i went to the bank, thank god for presidents day.
that would have been sh*tty!
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
But well done you for doing the right thing.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

wow. irony
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
YO dont go to that video!!!!

EDIT i dont know what it is, but their was some nasty 4 chan **** in another thread DONT GO TO THAT LINK
^ it's just some tool making fun of metal, just ignore it
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."