Alrighty, then, I've had these strings for QUITE awhile. So, I've been learning Killing In The Name Of. (RATM) In the beginning "riff" there is a bend. Everytime I do it, it BARELY even makes the sound. Does this have anything to do with the age of the strings?
Depends on how long "quite" a while is. Depends on how much you play too. Try putting some new ones on, if it sounds fine after it was the strings, if not, its you.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I'm not sure. Even if it isn't change the strings anyway, if you say they're old. New strings feel great!
new strings are like boxers fresh from the dryer........mmmmm satisfying!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Yeah, these strings are 'bout 2 years old. I haven't changed them in quite a bit cause I usually don't play this certain guitar much. I recently busted my Gibson LP Oh, and I usually play 'bout 5 hours everyday. (Including band sessions)
dont know if this help (my sisthas BF told me this)
-just take a wet piece of paper and clean the strings of^^
i dont know about this, it might help..or not , because he changes he's strings every 3:th month

got a question to!: when is it time to change strings when you play 5 hours a day??

TS:dude you play 5 hours a day to??
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Quote by AnarchoFarko
Yeah, these strings are 'bout 2 years old. I haven't changed them in quite a bit cause I usually don't play this certain guitar much. I recently busted my Gibson LP Oh, and I usually play 'bout 5 hours everyday. (Including band sessions)

yea, u should be changin them every few months, so yea, change em
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

Quote by #1 synth
i figure as long as its not a puppy it's fair game for my penis.
damn I change mine every 3 weeks
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
me too...
hey, put new strings.it's obviously the strings.when they are old they cannot hold the sound.they have been stretched for too much time and they lost their elasticity.
Quote by ValoRhoads
new strings are like boxers fresh from the dryer........mmmmm satisfying!

I would sig that....but my sig's already full .

EDIT: I sigged it!!
Last edited by DiMeTiMe at Feb 18, 2008,