I think you could be fine with that tone, assuming thats close to your speaking tone. You just need to back away from the mic a little and sing LOUD.

I find it really hard to record vocals at home because I'm afraid of my neighbors thinking I'm some kind of idiot yelling while my headphones are blaring into my ears and they can't hear the music. I live in an old building and the walls are thin.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
not bad but it sorta sounds like you are trying to go lower than you are comfortable with.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by zeroyon

I find it really hard to record vocals at home because I'm afraid of my neighbors thinking I'm some kind of idiot yelling while my headphones are blaring into my ears and they can't hear the music. I live in an old building and the walls are thin.

Lol, why do you care what your neighbours think?
Quote by Milaneus
Lol, why do you care what your neighbours think?

I'm pretty shy on the mic as it is. If I had a sound proof room, I could go wild in it. When I listened to his recording, I felt he many have the same issues I do.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by zeroyon
I'm pretty shy on the mic as it is. If I had a sound proof room, I could go wild in it. When I listened to his recording, I felt he many have the same issues I do.

haha i sure do, i live in a universty halls i live next door to pretty much 10 other people in not the most sound proof of walls, so yeah, i feel like a right muppet shouting about the devil and what not whilst there is silence in my room
I just want to chime in and say that I live in a house with my wife, and I will only record vocals when she's not home. I'm simply too self-conscious when I know she can hear me and there's no music or anything. No one else feels that way with there parents, roommates, whatever?

Also, this line had me bagging up:

i feel like a right muppet shouting about the devil and what not

cause it made me picture the Muppets shouting about the devil and singing death metal. Not too weird when you think about Animal, but try that visual with Fozzie Bear instead.

"Satan! Satan! Wokka wokka wokka!"
yeah the actual voice is alright, but backing off the microphone a bit could help. and you should probably go a little bit higher than you were because you sounded a little strained
Quote by mr synyster g
yeah the actual voice is alright, but backing off the microphone a bit could help. and you should probably go a little bit higher than you were because you sounded a little strained

yeah i was trying to "sing" in a lower voice "cuze its more metal" haha.

but yeah i think everyone is right ill just "sing" in my normal pitch.

thanks very much everyone who has commented it has been very usefull to me, before i thorght i had the voice of a........a.........well i cant think of anything right now but basicly a voice that could make people kill them slefs throgh its utter crapness, now i know its just above that

wozza