Page 1 of 3
Hello, hope this won't be closed for advertising (can't post it in the other forum, because I don't have enough posts).

Anyway. Me and my father are both guitar players and interested in amp building and amps in general. Both of us hates the fact that a lot of these goods are a pain in the butt here in Europe though, with very high shipping prices being the prime factor. Therefore we have considered getting into this buisness ourselves. But doing kits can be quite hard. So instead we got contact with other people. Atm Nik from Ceriatone likes the idea and would be interested and we are hoping responses from other brands. We would offer as many products as we can (both kits, cabs and complete amps). Since we would buy in large stocks, we would get a lot less in shipping. We are based in Sweden, but the idea is to sell to the whole of Europe.

I know a lot of people that would like to buy kits (we would also offer parts, at least transformers, since there aren't any cheap ones in Europe). The thing is that it would cost us quite a bit to get into this buisness, so we need to be sure there is a market. We don't want to sit here with a pile of 20 something amps and not selling any. If there is interest, please tell me about it!

Also, we will need to find places that would ship cheap inside Europe and this would be for large packages too.

Please give feedback!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
That sounds like a great idea. I would buy one, but I am across the pond...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Well I will though have to check what to ship with, but the point will be that if we buy a lot of the amps or so in large numbers, there won't as much shipping.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

wait, are you saying you'd get a bunch of kits to distribute in the UK, or you'd buy the kit, build it and sell in the UK?

EDIT: pretend i said Europe not UK
I'd definitely order from a European amp kits supplier rather than the US, especially if it were someone like you that could be trusted

Go for it, says I!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Brands I have contaced:
Responded (yet)
Ceriatone- Wanted to be in
Heyboer- Interested, would sell through Mojo
Avatar Speakers- Interested but doesn't wnat to ship to Europe
Scumback speakers- Might not be able to do it yet, but the idea was interesting.

Contacted (no responses yet)
Lopoline Cabinets
JJ Tubes
Brown Note
Metropolous
Mercury Magnetics
Tone Tubby
Weber
Warehouse Speakers
Mojave Amps

Other brands not sold here? Contact me!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by s.r.v.
wait, are you saying you'd get a bunch of kits to distribute in the UK, or you'd buy the kit, build it and sell in the UK?

EDIT: pretend i said Europe not UK

I would buy the kit, repacackage it and sell it to the UK. If I were to buy it for distributor/OEM prices and with cheaper shipping, you'd save a lot of money!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

it doesn't seem very lucrative for you, but its a cool idea. got a place to store all this stuff?
^Yeah, I was thinking the same, i mean that I dunno if you'd make much money but it would be very cool
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Good luck, Gabe!

That's always my advice: Do what you love, and the money will follow.

Have you considered getting a local carpenter/cabinet maker on board for your speakers (and maybe even amp enclosures)? Probably a lot cheaper to buy speakers in bulk locally, and install them yourself than import them from the US. You could then sell "custom built" cabs at reasonable prices for (probably) a much better price mark-up.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well, if I could get a guy to build cabs for me, then perhaps I would.

Well I would start out by selling other people's kits and then expand to selling my own things...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

So there seems to be some interest, which is great!

EDIT: Lopoline loved the idea and are interested!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Last edited by Gabel at Feb 18, 2008,
I'll volunteer to take the first test drive at building of a kit of yours.... Discount?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I can't invest, but I can be your first customer.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Feb 18, 2008,
Well I was going to ask both of you if you were interested. When I see how things turn out, tell me what you want!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Well I was going to ask both of you if you were interested. When I see how things turn out, tell me what you want!

You should get up a website asap, and then try to make a deal or something with UG for some ad banners or something. Im not sure how it works in sweden, but i believe that if you are a buisness, advertising can be a tax write off, so it would be of minimal cost. Get up some google ads too, and then at your site have like a poll or something, and list products and say their backordered or soemthing like that.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
We would. My dad works with advertising and is used to making websites, so he would do it.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

like i told ya yesterday, i'd definitely be interested in the long run, just not right now

but i guess this will take some time to really get rolling anyway, and i really want a tweed champ...or an 18w hiwatt-y amp with a switch from 18 to like 7 watts

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yo Gabe,

Where is it your based? Maybe lucky for you, I work in the logistics trade, I myself only work on exports, but we have contacts to other companies and I may be able to get you a few numbers?

And (although not right now) I would be willing to get a kit amp in the next few years, it would be nice to do (although I have limited experience with electronics)
Quote by Hakanku
Yo Gabe,

Where is it your based? Maybe lucky for you, I work in the logistics trade, I myself only work on exports, but we have contacts to other companies and I may be able to get you a few numbers?

And (although not right now) I would be willing to get a kit amp in the next few years, it would be nice to do (although I have limited experience with electronics)

He's in Stockholm, Sweden.
Pretty cool idea, but how much will you be making from buying the amps, getting them shipped, repackaging, then shipping?

Doesn't seem like you'll make too much profits, as there are the costs of buying, shipping and packaging etc, and then you're gonna mark up the price so you can make some money on the stuff, but the profit margin's gonna' be small as you can only mark up a little bit, you won't get much discounts for bulk buying yet...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Nice thread.

And yeah, I would buy things like chassis, transformers and possibly cabs (heads, cabs and combos) in the future if you were to do this successfully

The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well, head cabs I could get from Nik (he has REALLY cheap ones for like $150) and possibly Lopo if there is demand. Possibly combo cabs from Nik too.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I live in Sweden too and I'm interested Do you/Would you have any 1x12 or 2x12 for below 1000 kr? Just brought a Mesa Mark III and I need a cab and a extern tranformator.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Cool.

And what are the chances of blank chasses (I'm guessing that's the plural of it), that you could possibly pre-drill. That'd be a fantastic commodity for tube amp building.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Cool.

And what are the chances of blank chasses (I'm guessing that's the plural of it), that you could possibly pre-drill. That'd be a fantastic commodity for tube amp building.

Pretty big. I would order from Ceriatone. Then I would get no extra shipping on them!

Quote by helsinki_vampir
I live in Sweden too and I'm interested Do you/Would you have any 1x12 or 2x12 for below 1000 kr? Just brought a Mesa Mark III and I need a cab and a extern tranformator.

No cab for below 1000.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Pretty big. I would order from Ceriatone. Then I would get no extra shipping on them!

No cab for below 1000.

what´s the cheapest one?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I dunno, but at least 2500 with speakers. I would say get one from Thomann. But don't cheap out on an amp like that, it needs a GOOD CAB!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I saw In Bruges on Sunday night. It was pretty cool. I Thought of all my European UG friends.

Uh, yeah, that's it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Gabel
I dunno, but at least 2500 with speakers. I would say get one from Thomann. But don't cheap out on an amp like that, it needs a GOOD CAB!

I know. but I really can't afford more than a 1x12 Harley Benton right now But going to buy a better cab later on. Do you know if a tranformator from for example Clas Olsson or Teknik Magazinet works witch my mesa? cause it has american voltage (110). I mainly looked at those four:
http://www.teknikmagasinet.se/nydb/db.pl?template_file=link_product.html&link=Produktsok&artnr=040068

http://www.teknikmagasinet.se/nydb/db.pl?template_file=link_product.html&link=Produktsok&artnr=040069

http://www.teknikmagasinet.se/nydb/db.pl?template_file=link_product.html&link=Produktsok&artnr=040014

http://www.teknikmagasinet.se/nydb/db.pl?template_file=link_product.html&link=Produktsok&artnr=040015

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Id deffenitly buy one of those dist/fuzz kits from BWOC if you could ship them around europe :P
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Well as I said, I don't know. Talk to Elfa, they can help you more than I can!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

i wish you good luck, gabe, but just be very careful about what people tell you they'll buy from you on an internet forum. until you have the cash in hand, assuming it's just a pipe dream on their part. It's better to be safe than sorry, in other words.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
awesome! i want one. i'll take a 80w blackface fender kit with no vibrato.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Shot I would sell to you, but no I'm not. Buy one in the States!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

how much would it be? if it's that much cheaper than here, i'll just go over to sweeden this summer and pick it up.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Page 1 of 3