Hi guys,

My work colleage is selling his like new Marshall TSL60 + 1936 cab and i'm considering it to upgrade my Vox Valvetronix 30 watt. He said he'll take my Vox and £400 for it. Now the head has recently been reserviced and is retubed with Mullard valves to take that into account. It includes the footswitch and original valves.

Is this a good deal? £400 for a TSL60 (with mullards and recent service) and 1936 2x12 cab. I've used it before and I was quite impressed (from going modeling amp to digital).
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
I suppose so. What do they go for new? Like 500 pounds give or take? See if he'll do it for 300 and the amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
fancy L400 is what in USD? like $800usd? cause thats a good deal
Generally the US get a better deal than over here, but yes its £400/$800 + My Vox.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
Quote by s.r.v.
well the amp head alone lists at about $1200usd. id go for it!

Marshalls are cheaper in England. You could get a new TSL for around 1 grand over there.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well I've added up costs in new.

Head is £500
Cab is £215

I'm not sure how much vintage mullard valves are worth so i'll say £50

So it's about £775, he wants £400 + my £100 amp. So saving about £275 than buying new. What do you think?
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
id definitly buy it. but, thats basing it off the dsl i played, which i liked, and the fact that this is a pretty good deal
Quote by Darren5591
Well I've added up costs in new.

Head is £500
Cab is £215

I'm not sure how much vintage mullard valves are worth so i'll say £50

So it's about £775, he wants £400 + my £100 amp. So saving about £275 than buying new. What do you think?

Go for it if it's what you really want.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster