3 band EQ
Bright Switch

Mesa-

2 Channel
50 Watt
£1200-1300
EQ for each channel
5 modes

I've researched both of these amps tons, but got to be honest, I'm leaning more towards the Mesa. Both of these amps fill my requirements, but-

Engl doesn't have EQ for each channel
Mesa is expensive

Is the Mesa worth the extra £500, or will the Fireball get me the Shred tone I've been looking for?

Thanks a lot.
Different voicings. The Mesa's got that whole mid scooped sound going on. The ENGLs are quite bright and aggressive. I'd go with the ENGL though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
They will both probobly do the job pretty well, but overall i'd take the mesa, but it probobly depends on what specific tone you want. i'd try them out, or at least check out some youtube videos.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
They will both probobly do the job pretty well, but overall i'd take the mesa, but it probobly depends on what specific tone you want. i'd try them out, or at least check out some youtube videos.

I have, very few clips of the Mesa on there. Youtube is hard for these, the camera nearly always changes the sound and makes it hard to decide. But yeah, I'll try some out ASAP.
I'd much rather have the Fireball. I'm not a fan of rectos really, plus you live in the UK, Engl is a much better deal for the price.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
if you live in the UK, get a powerball instead. if you can afford it that is. im not sure what the price is there but the powerball has 2 channels and much more features. mesa has a loose low end and an engl has a tight low end. i prefer engl over mesa any day.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd much rather have the Fireball. I'm not a fan of rectos really, plus you live in the UK, Engl is a much better deal for the price.

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
tbh, the Engl is a one trick poney. BUT a mean one trick poney. And the cleans are usable too.

The Mesa's are over priced in europe. Your paying more for less imo.

For shred I think you would be better off with a Laney GH50/100. Its tone is much more suited to shred and its leads sound better than the Engl. (Going on a local band which both guitarists used a fireball and Laney and the laney was better for leads)

But if not the Laney, Fireball.
I have to agree with everyone saying go ENGL. If you were in the US it would be a different story, but with the ENGL you're getting a good deal, but with the mesa you're pretty screwed.

+1 False God recommending Laney.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.