These guys are locals from my hometown. They're ridiculously good and starting to get big. They recently lost some of their key members, but they're still goin strong. What do you guys think of them?

http://www.myspace.com/amentheanimal
there pretty good,
nice guitarr stuff

vocals could be better, i think
bit mainstream though..
Its like a colour mismatch
Sorry man, don't like anything like this personally, ha. We got way to much of this kind o mainstreamy whinny stuff from our area, i just get tired o it
Quote by SadistNation
Sorry man, don't like anything like this personally, ha. We got way to much of this kind o mainstreamy whinny stuff from our area, i just get tired o it

haha well I'm from salisbury, as are these guys, and Im not too familiar with the Baltimore music scene. But in Salisbury, stuff like this is rare. It's all ****ty hardcore now. And Amen actually brings good guitar playing into their stuff, which is refreshing, especially on delmarva
Does everyone have the same voice in the US these days?
It sounds alright, but you could confuse it with so many other bands that it just becomes rather pointless listening to (at least in my opinion).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
They do what they do reasonably well but it doesn't necessarily bring anything new to the table - I'm especially troubled as to why they describe themselves as 'progressive'. The vocals were pretty standard too. Guitar work was alright, reminded me a bit of TREOS.
Quote by Andrewbiles
Does everyone have the same voice in the US these days?
It sounds alright, but you could confuse it with so many other bands that it just becomes rather pointless listening to (at least in my opinion).

meh, kinda yeah.

the voice is cool... i like it, but to me it sounds too much like Buddy from Senses Fail...
but i still like this
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
the guitar work is interesting. don't they have like 3 guitarists on stage or something? vocals fit well but yea are typical. better musically than a good deal of their peers.
Quote by piratefdu
the guitar work is interesting. don't they have like 3 guitarists on stage or something? vocals fit well but yea are typical. better musically than a good deal of their peers.

They used to have 3 guitarists, but they're down to 2 now.
Is there a factory where they make these bands?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
Is there a factory where they make these bands?

Sadly yes, but it's in Kentucky... same block where they make that disgusting chicken...

But yeah, new bands these days need to get some "unique" vocalists...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Bringing it back from the dead, Because this band was amazing and still are one of my favourites. Unlike life on repeat..