is playing Chords is Official ?? LOL i know i may sound weird but is PLAYING CHORDS on the guitar can be Defined in guitar playing Or is it just easy & the Real talent is Finger picking

..........what i say is I play Chords and all the songs i like i know them in chords But people think playing the guitar is only FINGER PICKING is it true ??

like the ones who suck at guitars Play chords & the good ones only Finger pick

i finger pick some songs too But i donno ............. does real artists in concerts play chords ?????

OKAy what i came in conclusion what i wanted to ask is :

How do u play chords ?? LOL
FANTASY , EVERYBODY HAS ONE
Last edited by Blue-toxic at Feb 18, 2008,
well they play chords if they wanna emphasize a certain part of a song. some parts of songs are better when strummed
i have no sig
your kinda asking a weird question. :p "real talent"? i think there are some pretty fast finger pickers out there and they cant put a good chord progression together...but then there are really great songwriters who can't really pick a guitar or who dont want to.

EDIT-oh i see now...if you play good music your an artist...not becuase you can pick at the speed of light
Quote by Caustic
If I didn't cuss so much, I'd be illiterate!

Quote by Will_Minus
Stupid people do stupid things. Don't be stupid, stupid.
I feel like i play chords like in a weird way LOL i donno why ......... LOL im a bit Crazy right now but just this thing was on my mind Ok And When i wanted to show my sister a song she loves "which is APOLOGIZE by one republic" anyways there's a chord Version and the chords are AM , F , C, G Anyways I play it & i feel ok by myself its close to the real one but when i played it infront of my sis she didnt recognize it ........... but i swear its really CLOSE :O so i donno

How do u guys play CHORDS ?? <--------- answer this one plz :S lol im going nuts
go check out some websites that teach you how to play chords...before you move any further you need to teach yourself the basics....like playing chords :/....there might be somthing here on UG you can check out. When I was learning I used books and such to teach myself the different chords...you can find books like that at a local music store.
Quote by Caustic

Quote by Will_Minus
U know i how to play chords But i donno if im getting it right ..........but it sounds right to me :/ its really hard for me to explain this Like while ur playing chords u press on the notes (from the frets & stuff) And u keep Strumming from the other hand right ??? thats it right ?? !!!
yeah thats right...but when your stumming you have to make sure you hold down the stings enough so that your not just muting the strings....because if your muting the strings your holding down for the chord you wont here the notes in the chord therfore resulting in a different sound
Quote by Caustic

Quote by Will_Minus
^^ thank u Max ............ now my question resolved i was doing right LOL " thanx everyone B.
np anytime
Quote by Caustic

Quote by Will_Minus
It's not just the fact that you can play chords either that makes the music sound right, it's the strum patterns you use along with those chords that make all the difference. I can play some D shapes with sus's thrown in one way, and it'll sound like Tom Petty, but the exact same chord shapes played using a different strum pattern will make it sound like Don Henley. Experiment with different strum patterns to go along with those chords. And in order to get chords to sound right in the beginning, fret the chord shape, then pluck each string one at a time slowly to make sure that they ring out like they should. If not, adjust how you are fretting the bad sounding string. Keep doing this over and over until you can get those basic chords to sound right when strummed fully. It takes time, so be patient and don't overwork your fret hand or you'll just get sore for nothing. If it starts to hurt, stop for a while and stretch your hand, wrist and arm out.
The reason your sister doesnt recognize the song when you play apologize is that the song she knows is piano, vocals, and a drum machine. You can barely hear anything else in the song. Go on all-guitar-chords.com, and start out learning all the basic chords on there.