Could anybody post up a list of what I need to record some songs that play on my guitar. Software, products, microphones...all of it. I have some computer knowledge, but not that much knowledge when it comes to recording. Thank you so much.
Hello
this might not be much help, but if your order a MusiciansFirend catalog, they have a page oh recording equipment, software, etc.
i'm not sure about microphones but you should probably use audacity software to record it. its free and easy to use. it might not be the best but its at least a start
NeoDom
Please be more specific about what you want to do. Just record your guitar by itself as you play? Electric or acoustic? Or more involved than that?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Please be more specific about what you want to do. Just record your guitar by itself as you play? Electric or acoustic? Or more involved than that?

CT

Ok, well i have an electric guitar, and i want to be able to record songs/riffs, and also be able to record a few and Loop them together (if thats the right word). I kinda just want to do what a loop pedal does, but i want to be able to save it, ,and post it up on here! If you need any more details just ask. Thanks
Hello
Well have you tried reading the stickies?

Sounds like your best bet might just be to get a Line 6 interface, like a Toneport, and plug it straight into your computer, plugging you guitar into that and recording into a free program like Audacity.
There is poetry in despair.