hi everyone. im' thinking to by a new amp, already have a 10watt but this new one is for reahrsels (and gigs i hope in sometime )

i'm open to any suggestions of the wise!!!
- price range to a maximum of 400€ and thats a lil bit much!
- something with... lets say 60 70watts SS case, 50 in tube case.
- i want perfect clean sound and perfect dist(if possible), we play from nirvana to porcupine tree so you can imagine what i'm looking for...

i'll be posting some of the amps i found good too and check out the reviews here.
aprecciate any help you all can give, thank you
wow thats a really low budget. something used probably. a valveking 1x12 or peavey classic combo, both used.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
how much is it in USD
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
thats low? i can buy a line 6 spider III 75 watts or a vox av50vt,brand new and just to give example of something i think isn't bad..
yeah thats a pretty low budget but if your ok with the sound of a solid state go for it. i just cant recommend it.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Peavey Valveking maybe. Has decent cleans and with a od pedal on top of the amps od you can achieve somewhat good distortion.
Quote by Nemesis Phenix
why not? i'm new to almost everything, explain please

Because in most cases Tube is far superior to SS.
Stay away from the Spider anyway.. The Vox isnt bad, might do you I guess.
i haven't never really understood why's it better but i take your word. its waht most people say.. but tube,well there's the tube thing, how often do you change it and how much is it?
i want something with quality for a long term and not to buy a new one in a couple of years or have to spend the money in time that if saved could do for a better amp
well maintenance can get expensive and confusing for a tube amp and if thats how you really feel, a solid state is the smart thing to do. in that case, the vox wins.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by Nemesis Phenix
- i want perfect clean sound and perfect dist(if possible), we play from nirvana to porcupine tree so you can imagine what i'm looking for...

The holy grail?
Tubes last 2 years on average, and you won't run the bank replacing them.
They sound much warmer, fuller, and real, as opposed to SS transistors.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The holy grail?

+1 lol

thats why i said his budget is way too low. lol.

anyways. the vos will work just fine. ive heard that it is really good for a hybrid.

i still recommend an all tube combo, but if your worried about tubes breaking and maintaining them than dont. its old tech tho and shouldnt be too hard to figure if your willing to learn (takes about a good day of reading maybe).
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The holy grail?

loved that one men....

as for the amps, i've been doing my research and came up with hybrid amps and they seem better then SS and tube, am i right? oh and all the good VOX's i've found they're all hybrid(i think) the AD30VT and AD50Vt
Last edited by Nemesis Phenix at Feb 21, 2008,