now my dear epi is in desparate need for a fresh paintjob,so i would like you to recommend me some really high quality paints.like the ones that Gibson uses,etc etc...maybe even better

price is not an issue

thanks
Do you mean paint type? if so, Gibson uses a nitrocellulose laquer.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
actually I'm almost positive Gibson uses poly on their stock guitars. Fender uses poly nowadays on most of their guitars too.
Quote by kaplac
actually I'm almost positive Gibson uses poly on their stock guitars. Fender uses poly nowadays on most of their guitars too.
really? I didn't know that... They say they use nitro, at least gibson says that. Fender has used poly since `66 or`67, after leo fender sold the company to cbs
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah well I'm just basing my knowledge off of the overall industy. I can't name one single major company that uses only nitro.

I imagine poly is pretty much dirt cheap when companies buy it in bulk and poly is also a lot more durable then nitro. As well as the fact that poly cures really fast, that way they wouldn't have to keep guitars cooped up in the factory as long as if they were using nitro.