Basically, i'll put some down that ive either had experience with and enjoyed, or have heard good reviews about, and you lot can add some

Jackson (japanese made models - rr3/ ke3 etc) great guitars, and about a third of the top of the range americano ones.

yamaha - good, cheap, and if you get the right one looks cool too

burny - jap made - top quality knock off of lp's for £500 brand spanking new, fully set up, top of the range with deep set neck tenon and a good tailpiece (the same as the gibi lp) on all models, jap or not. also do unofficial john sykes and randy rhodes custom lp's for £200

fernandes - starting to get popular now that dave kush uses one, good guitars, tho quite expensive compared to the other company they own - Burny. not used by most name snobs tho

brian may guitars - not the guild or burns model, the ones you can get from brianmayguitars.co.uk - ebony neck, twin truss rod, mahogony body with chambers, set neck, grover kidneys, good bridge (wilkinson i think) and the proper pickup switching deal. one individual on/ off switch for each pickup, one individual in/ out of phase switch for each pup and all for £500

jem 555 (also known as junior) good guitar other than the bridge which can be replaced at little cost. also has a different (though still good) bodywood to the full jems, and doesn't have the full vine of life. most snobs will tell you its not a jem. ive played one, it was great jem or not.

can you add more ?
Jem 555 is not a good guitar. Not built in Japan has an inferior bridge.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Nearly everyone in UG is a name snob, even the people who actually have budget/cheaper equipment.
well.. i'm 100% stagg doesnt fit in here ;D.. (it's the worst i guess)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by CobenBlack

burny - jap made - top quality knock off of lp's for £500 brand spanking new, fully set up, top of the range with deep set neck tenon and a good tailpiece (the same as the gibi lp) on all models, jap or not. also do unofficial john sykes and randy rhodes custom lp's for £200

actually a hefty number dont have long tenons, although neither do most gibbys nowadays
harmony, teisco, italia, eastwood
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
^ +1 on the Harmony and Eastwood. The other two brands I've never played.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Squier vista series. Made in japan and were awesome shapes too.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Axl guitars are pretty cool. They have Strat copies that look Super-Relic'd, with cracked paint and alot of fake dirt. They also have some decently cool metal guitars. Rondo guitar brands, like Agile and SX, have a great rep, but are only sold Online. Fernandes had perhaps the coolest electric travel guitar, the Nomad, but they discontinued it awhile back.
Dean Vendetta 3.0, Neck thru string thru, ebony fretboard with lazer wire inlays, grover kidney tuners. Less than $500.00 Only has one tone and one volume though
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by stephen_rettie
actually a hefty number dont have long tenons, although neither do most gibbys nowadays

no, but the top of the range (rlc 115 i think) is about £500 and has one. which gives it sumthin most lps dont.

and to the guy about the jems, theres nearly a thousand quid differnece between the jem 555 and the jem 7v. and the only thing you can come up with is that the bridge isn't the same and it isn't made in japan? well for that u can change the bridge and still have a lot of change, and i have a mate whos had an indonesian squier for 10 years and its never, ever gone wrong once. it doesnt have to be jap or american made to last forever.
squiers are good for beginners. and the cheaper epiphones
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

Quote by SSL27
^ +1 on the Harmony and Eastwood. The other two brands I've never played.

i love my harmony rebel. its basically a rickenbacker body with a thick tele neck and gretsch pick ups.
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Quote by qotsa1998
Axl guitars are pretty cool. They have Strat copies that look Super-Relic'd, with cracked paint and alot of fake dirt. They also have some decently cool metal guitars. Rondo guitar brands, like Agile and SX, have a great rep, but are only sold Online. Fernandes had perhaps the coolest electric travel guitar, the Nomad, but they discontinued it awhile back.

i played one of them the other day, it was orange with a licensed floyd and it was brilliant, and made in china
Michael Kelly guitars are pretty good. I recently purchased a Deuce Pheonix and it plays like a dream.
I nominate home made piece of sh!t guitars (EVH style). I've had great results w/ the few I've built, but it is hard to compete with Jackson & Ibanez these days. Many of those play as good as guitars that cost 8 times as much.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
ive got to agree with that, i dont know how jackson and ibanez make enough money to keep going, they really do make quality pieces of kit for low amounts of money. and to the people who think there gonna fall to pieces after 10 mins, if you get them from thomann.de or something then its got a 3 year warranty anyway.
Quote by guitarnoobie
Michael Kelly guitars are pretty good. I recently purchased a Deuce Pheonix and it plays like a dream.

+1

I want pictures!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
LTD has a few low budget models that look pretty bitchin'. I like their SG shaped guitars.

I had a Schecter 006 Deluxe a couple years ago that I thought was pretty cool. I like the Rickenbacker-esque cutaway horns. The body is considerably thicker than I was expecting, but the contours are killer. The stock pickups are pretty dull, but the long scale makes for nice tight action and it stayed in tune like a dream. I opened up the control cavity and I'm not sure it isn't made of particle board. I liked the neck, fingerboard and headstock. It's a mean machine. I had to sell mine for car repairs, but I'd recommend it and a pickup upgrade to anyone looking for a good cheap guitar.

OK, maybe the pickup upgrade makes it a little more than cheap, but it would still be a pretty cool ax, IMHO.
Epiphone. Underrated for sure.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I have a 12 string Sierra, a brand I've never actually seen before or since, plays like a dream though. Engleman Spruce and Mahogany, no laminates - Needless to say I thoroughly recommend the brand if you find one.
I like my Hagstrom so far
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Quote by twisty571
I like my Hagstrom so far

Same here. I've only had it for a week and I don't know why they're not more well-known. They've only been re-issued in the last couple of years after going out of business back in the 80s, so maybe it's because they're still new.

Comfortable, solid, beautifully finished, a few nice features compared to other LP copies, and it plays well and sounds great.

--- D
You should try Aria Pro 2's
mostly made in japan and kick ass quality..god..i got one for 100 pounds, and while my brother had it i never touched any of my fenders...supreme!
Greg Bennett/Samick - Inexpensive, yet had some very well made ones. Still have a Royale that I probably will never get rid of and an acoustic/electric.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by CobenBlack
and to the guy about the jems, theres nearly a thousand quid differnece between the jem 555 and the jem 7v. and the only thing you can come up with is that the bridge isn't the same and it isn't made in japan? well for that u can change the bridge and still have a lot of change, and i have a mate whos had an indonesian squier for 10 years and its never, ever gone wrong once. it doesnt have to be jap or american made to last forever.

that's because the jem is overpriced anyway.

RG1570 is about 200 cheaper than the 555 without any mods.

add 130 for an OFR for the 555 (around 830)

add about 200 for the dimarzio pickups for the RG1570 (around 700) and you still come out 130 quid in pocket.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The local shop here carries Michael Kelly. I've played almost all of them on the wall now. They are really great playing guitars, even the lower priced ones.
Quote by riffhog
I nominate home made piece of sh!t guitars (EVH style). I've had great results w/ the few I've built, but it is hard to compete with Jackson & Ibanez these days. Many of those play as good as guitars that cost 8 times as much.

+1

Nothing more satisfying than making your own even if it is just random parts you are piecing together...I pieced together a Jackson and it plays very well. JS30RR neck and a DX10D body.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Last edited by CM_X5 at Feb 19, 2008,
Agile
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.