I'm currently looking for a new guitar for my sound, and I've browsed the whole Musician's Store site and narrowed it to two.
It's either the Les Paul Ultra II
or the Fender American Deluxe Series Tele
My sound is more like the alternative, rock, or something like that. (If you guys know Hillsong United.)
So I thought these two guitars would be great for the specific sound I'm looking for.
The price range is clearly different
(LP= 700 bucks and Tele=1275 bucks)

So I wanna know if it really is worth spending over 1 grand on a tele when I can just spend less for an LP and use the rest for pedals and all that stuff.
So which one is better
Tele for sure, especially since the LP is an epi
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Thanks mate,
I went to guitar center,
and I tried out the LP
and I was impressed to see that it had Epiphone on its headstock.
Cause usually I really despise that company but out all the Epi's I've tried I really liked this one.
It had that nice LP feel, even for 700 bucks haha.
I havent tried the Tele American deluxe but I heard it was really good for my style,
but I have to save up alot more hard earned cash :/
get what I mean?
Dont be fooled just cause it has "Epiphone" on its headstock,
I thought It wouldnt be great but when I tried it out
it was pretty damn good
For the amount of the Telecaster, you could get a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

The Telecaster's main sound is more of a blues/rock. The Gibson has a wider range. I have both an American Tele and a Gibson LP. I prefer the LP for the tone; rock just sounds so much smoother on it.

The Epi's not going to have the tone the Gibson does, but i guess you could make up for it with pedals.
Quote by f12button
For the amount of the Telecaster, you could get a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

The Telecaster's main sound is more of a blues/rock. The Gibson has a wider range. I have both an American Tele and a Gibson LP. I prefer the LP for the tone; rock just sounds so much smoother on it.

The Epi's not going to have the tone the Gibson does, but i guess you could make up for it with pedals.

Its up to though, If he wants a bit more twangy tone, the tele is perfect. BUt for a fatter, and ballsy tone the les paul is great.
Please don't suggest Les Paul studios... those things have problems.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Well, I think Fenders tend to be overpriced to the point where the only thing you get to show off is the name. You could get an LP Studio made by Gibson, and not Epiphone. Also, I tend to notice I get pretty bad sustain on Fenders, and I just generally don't like them. Only thing I have against LP's is the weight. :p
Quote by Avedas
Well, I think Fenders tend to be overpriced to the point where the only thing you get to show off is the name. You could get an LP Studio made by Gibson, and not Epiphone. Also, I tend to notice I get pretty bad sustain on Fenders, and I just generally don't like them. Only thing I have against LP's is the weight. :p

I actually like fenders, because of the tone that is. Its all personal. Ts you have to decide

Twangy glassy tone or Fat chunky and somewhat crunchy(depending on the amp) tone?