if it's anything like mine...

it's good for an easy a...

aside from that, the course will be crap. taught by people who you will have a great depth of musical knowledge than.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
well it depends... do you WANT to study A level music.. and do you WANT to take music further??

if yes... then yes..

if no.... then no!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by slash fan #1
I've heard thats its boring and impossibly hard though, but yeah I do want to take music further, but as a performer, so is an A level REALLY neccessary?

impossibly hard?

boring, yes. Hard, no.

EDIT: RIght, the course will likely teach you nothing...BUT it will be a reqiurement for any music course at a university. (Along with grade 8 principal instrument)
its boring. not very hard unless you don't know any theory, i wouldn't call it easy though.
Quote by slash fan #1
Would it be worth taking then?

If you do not know any music theory, yes.
If you don't know anything about the history/development of (primarily) classical music, yes.
If you wish to take music to a university level, yes.

Performing wise, the focus won't be on performing.. you'll mostly be expected to learn that your self - unless you use an in-school tutor.
I really wanted to take music, and thats the only one thats not a full time course, the rest are, and I don't want to limit myself to one subject then regret it later in life, but I don't know what else I should pick
Quote by slash fan #1
I really wanted to take music, and thats the only one thats not a full time course, the rest are, and I don't want to limit myself to one subject then regret it later in life, but I don't know what else I should pick

I can't help you with anything about your timetable or that, I live in Scotland, we do highers and they're different.
No, pick something you can get a job in:

#1 - Medicine of any kind: doctor, dentist, nurse, pharmacist
#2 - Engineer, advantage being only having four years of school as opposed to eight

...also you can stay far, far away from the sick people and their diseases

Business is meh - you still have to suck a lot of **** and stab a lot of friends in the back to make a living. It can pay, though you'll lose your soul.

As far as I can tell all other careers/majors are a joke. If you're no good in the sciences then try law perhaps.

Otherwise just go work at Wal-Mart now so you'll be ahead of all your friends who have degrees when they graduate, learn there are absolutely no good jobs anymore for anyone and come apply to be a greeter.

You can manage or something.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic

#2 - Engineer, advantage being only having four years of school as opposed to eight

Business is meh - you still have to suck a lot of **** and stab a lot of friends in the back to make a living. It can pay, though you'll lose your soul.

As far as I can tell all other careers/majors are a joke. If you're no good in the sciences then try law perhaps.

Otherwise just go work at Wal-Mart now so you'll be ahead of all your friends who have degrees when they graduate, learn there are absolutely no good jobs anymore for anyone and come apply to be a greeter.

LMAO, errm thanks, I'm okay at science I guess, I'm passing, top sets, but I wouldn't like to be a doctor, that kind of information just drops out of my head
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

You know that college isn't university, right? and that "all other careers/majors are a joke. " is bollocks?
Do maths if you can meet the minimum requirement.
Take english if you think you're doing alright at gcse.
A foreign language if you're studying one at the moment and think you can meet the minimum requirement.

If you don't know what you want to do when you're older, take the a-levels that any employer would be happy for you to have. It's hard to decide but I kept changing my courses right up until 1 week before we actually started lessons. It's a lot of hard work (even performance studies, if you saw the lift I have to do in dance...) but you shouldn't be afraid of that.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Do maths if you can meet the minimum requirement.
Take english if you think you're doing alright at gcse.
A foreign language if you're studying one at the moment and think you can meet the minimum requirement.

If you don't know what you want to do when you're older, take the a-levels that any employer would be happy for you to have. It's hard to decide but I kept changing my courses right up until 1 week before we actually started lessons. It's a lot of hard work (even performance studies, if you saw the lift I have to do in dance...) but you shouldn't be afraid of that.

I'll pas maths and english noo problem, but I don't want to study them any further, they would serve no purpose, and I don't do any foreign languages, although that would be the smart thing to do.
Quote by slash fan #1
I'll pas maths and english noo problem, but I don't want to study them any further, they would serve no purpose, and I don't do any foreign languages, although that would be the smart thing to do.

They're good if you want a good office job. Maths is needed for pretty much everything.

I'd say stay away from A-level music. Do music tech if you really want to do a music course.
What are your career plans?
Also, is there any way you can arrange a meeting with a Connexions worker. Those guys are really helpful, the woman I talked with helped me out a lot.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Well I don't want an office job to be honest. And my career plans are basically music, i don't really have anything else in mind. And yeah I did have one, its was a load of crap, butthat may have just been the woman in our school, she wans't helpful at all