im making a custom guitar (handmade) and i chose basswood for the body cause im comfortable with that, and i chose the neck to be maple and the fretboard to be rosewood, and it has a 25.5 scale, and im also giving it a original floyd rose, so my question here is, what pickups should i use? i usually only use the bridge pickup for dirty noise and the neck pickup for clean parts, but i also like my palm muted notes or chords to sound nice and distorted not mild, i guess the only other tones i know to describe the kind i want is megadeth, shadows fall, slash's tone on slither, and for the clean passages i like to have bradleys tone like on sublimes santeria, please any pickup combination ideas? i want to keep it to H-H and im still pondering on kahler trems or floyd rose trems, which would be best? of these two? please help. thanks
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Quote by devit
dimebucker

no.
check out guitarfetish.com if youre on a budget
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
thanks guys, and i forgot to mention im running this through a marshall valvestate 2000 (avt 50)
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
i decided on a super distortion dp 100 for the bridge pickup because its ceramic and it can pick up pinches better than alnico five, right? and for the neck i chose the virtual paf neck dp196, are these the best for what i want? a really nice and clean tone when i use the neck pickup and a dirty distorted tone when im on the bridge?
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
Quote by saulhudsonslash
i decided on a super distortion dp 100 for the bridge pickup because its ceramic and it can pick up pinches better than alnico five, right? and for the neck i chose the virtual paf neck dp196, are these the best for what i want? a really nice and clean tone when i use the neck pickup and a dirty distorted tone when im on the bridge?

Those are ok picks, but the pickups won't make much of a difference on your amp. I think you could actually cheap out on pups and get some from guitarfetish.com now and then when you get a better amp, upgrade your pups.
I suggest you get a pair of Dimarzio Breeds, they are really versatile and will do what you want nicely.

They will also be more balanced compared to the ones you chose.
Quote by jake911
I suggest you get a pair of Dimarzio Breeds, they are really versatile and will do what you want nicely.

They will also be more balanced compared to the ones you chose.

+1

The Super Distortion might sound a tad dated for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
+1

The Super Distortion might sound a tad dated for you.

+2 I have them in my Ibanez and they are teh gewd. Wouldn't mind more pinch harmonic response but other than that they're great.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
thanks guys, and which would be the best trem, kahler or floyd?
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck