emg 81 , but its active and youll have to do a ton of work to make it work so just get another high out put passive pup...if you want dimes sound get a bill lawrence its what he used
Dime didn't even use the Dimebucker, nuff said
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by guitarbite.fire
emg 81 , but its active and youll have to do a ton of work to make it work so just get another high out put passive pup...if you want dimes sound get a bill lawrence its what he used

+1
but in most cases it isn't that tough to put the 81 in. I think it's two extra wires and then wrap the battery in the foam they provide and place the battery in the existing control cavity
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
the guitar im planning to buy comes with a 81 already i was thikning to swithc it to a dimebucket
get a bill lawrence 500L(or whatever they are). And please, dont switch to a dimebucker.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Don't get a Dimebucker, get a Bill Lawrence 500XL, it costs half as much and it's what Dimebag actually used.

Personally, I'd stick with the EMG81.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
the dimebucker is probably one of the worst aftermarket pickups you can buy, and its 100$. but then again emg's are pretty bad too if you ask me. yeah, theyre hot. but i prefer my tone not to sound like a flaming bag of cow sh*t. emg 81 is really sterile and has 0 versitility.
*reported*

If you're going to post a question then you should at least try to make it relevant to something
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by mrchow
the dimebucker is probably one of the worst aftermarket pickups you can buy, and its 100$. but then again emg's are pretty bad too if you ask me. yeah, theyre hot. but i prefer my tone not to sound like a flaming bag of cow sh*t. emg 81 is really sterile and has 0 versitility.

sterile my ass
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by mrchow

Have you ever even played a guitar with EMGs or are you just saying that because someone else told you that.

EMGs are actually VERY versatile pickups. Go get educated.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ +1 on that.

I have a Lefty FBD w/ a Dimebucker it's not AS bad as people say, i also have a few guitars with EMG's, overall i'd go for Emgs but the Dimebucker is alright, not worth the $100 tho.