Guitar center officially fails.
Today i go there, expecting to try out 2 things...2 things that they didnt have. Make that 3.
1: Peavey classic 50 OR 30. They had neither, but they had 3 valvekings...
2: Ibanez RG presige, they had NONE. However, they did have a JS1000, which i wanted to jizz on. The neck + action was amazing, along with the intonation.
3: Jackson DK2M, they also did not have this. The only maple necked guitars they had were fenders, it was quite sad.

I really was disapointed, until i played the JS1000. God, the thing feels amazing, the neck is pretty fast, not as fast as a RG, but pretty damn fast. Abalone inlays, and the lopro edge makes for one awesome guitar. And the paintjob? SUPERB!
I played the JS on the JSX, and man did that make me happy. The Ultra channel was a little muddy, but i had the master on like 2, so its kinda hard to un-muddy it. I then proceeded to take a fender SSS ameri deluxe with a maple neck, and MAN was that thing amazing. 2 tone sunburst, and freakin delicious.
I then proceeded to go and play the 2466 Vintage Modern, and MAN was that a disapointment. That thing sounds like absolute trash. You can get absolutely 0!!!!!!!!!!
Thats right 0 CLEAN TONE. The clean tone DOESNT EXIST. I mean, i realize that since it is a single channel the clean tones arent going to be nice, but i expected them to exist. I was a little disapointed with turning the volume down on my guitar, and how it just lessened up, but then for kicks i decided to turn both of the gains down to 1/2 (almost 0) And put the guitar volume on 1/2. Expectedly, i couldnt really hear, so i turned up the master quite a bit, and whoo hoo, i FINALLY got a clean tone. Its just too bad that the damn thing needs to have 0 gain for a clean tone. And turning up the gain? SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY like trash. There is no way in hell i'd pay more than 1k for this head, it just simply isnt good enough. It suffers from the same condition as the TSL 601, the distortion is very fizzy, and not really overdrive at all. It reminds me of a crappy solid state distortion, not tight at all, just a big ball of fuzz. Hopefully it sucked so bad because i couldn't crank it, being 100 watts and all.
Now on the other hand, i then took my strat over to the fender section, and figured what the hell, ill play some lenny quick before i go. Went and plugged into a 65 twin reverb... WOW. Threw it on the neck pickup and turned it to about 3-4, and damn near jizzed my pants. Having the reverb on about 5, talk about sustain. This is possibly the best amp i have ever played, and when i picked hard enough, it actually started to overdrive a little, and WOW did that sound BEAUTIFUL. Looking back, this IS the best amp ive ever played, the articulation is absolutely awesome. You could pick out every little detail about my playing, it sounded jizz-tastic. It's really too bad its a 1 gig pony, because if it had a nice crunch channel, i would give my left nut for it. If all i played was jazz and blues, wow....i would TOTALLY get it. It really is too bad i play classic rock too. However, i WILL get a 65 twin reverb one day...hopefully. Oh yeah, i actually prefer it without the bright switch on too.

/rant
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Good reviews, I was thinking of going for their sale. Any good President's Day deals or is it just some add?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by kool98769

Now on the other hand, i then took my strat over to the fender section, and figured what the hell, ill play some lenny quick before i go. Went and plugged into a 65 twin reverb... WOW. Threw it on the neck pickup and turned it to about 3-4, and damn near jizzed my pants. Having the reverb on about 5, talk about sustain. This is possibly the best amp i have ever played, and when i picked hard enough, it actually started to overdrive a little, and WOW did that sound BEAUTIFUL. Looking back, this IS the best amp ive ever played, the articulation is absolutely awesome. You could pick out every little detail about my playing, it sounded jizz-tastic. It's really too bad its a 1 gig pony, because if it had a nice crunch channel, i would give my left nut for it. If all i played was jazz and blues, wow....i would TOTALLY get it. It really is too bad i play classic rock too. However, i WILL get a 65 twin reverb one day...hopefully. Oh yeah, i actually prefer it without the bright switch on too.

Get an evil Twin.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Good reviews, I was thinking of going for their sale. Any good President's Day deals or is it just some add?

most of it was like, guitars under 600 bucks had like 20% off, and they had a table of stuff. They were selling some crappy strings for 1 dollar and stuff. Tab books, and all that stuff. But then again, i didnt get there till 1:30, so all the good stuff was gone. Mostly all that was there was little kids playing on spyders, and some dude who cranked a bassman playing the blues.

Quote by mr_hankey
Get an evil Twin.

Please elaborate for the faint of mind (me )
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I've been very disappointed in the local GC. It seems as if they have less and less stock everytime I go there. The next closest one is 1.75 hours aways so I am stuck going to closer one for accesories.

I have never even seen an RG Prestige at a GC here. There is one JS 1000 wayyyy at the top, beyond reach, and it has been there for at least 1 yr. I almost feel like giving them a fair offer for it, because I know it has a "used" tag on it.

I just got back from the local Sam Ash (complete garbage), just for a pack of strings. I did see an RG Prestige (flamed blue), wayyy at the top of the "roped" off section. This means, no one could play it unless you get a rep to get it for you. You should check Sam Ash if you are willing.

I purchased 2 of my guitars at previous Prez day sales, and I was shockingly surprised at the deals. They have a bunch of accesories on sale, and 10-20% off a lot of their guitars. You can even ask the sales person for a deal and they will usually oblige due to the sale. Dont expect a crazy $$ off, but at least you will save tax which is around 8+% anyways.

EDIT: A huge selling point for the Prez Day sale is the 12 month financing they offer.
Quote by Ljk825
I've been very disappointed in the local GC. It seems as if they have less and less stock everytime I go there. The next closest one is 1.75 hours aways so I am stuck going to closer one for accesories.

I have never even seen an RG Prestige at a GC here. There is one JS 1000 wayyyy at the top, beyond reach, and it has been there for at least 1 yr. I almost feel like giving them a fair offer for it, because I know it has a "used" tag on it.

I just got back from the local Sam Ash (complete garbage), just for a pack of strings. I did see an RG Prestige (flamed blue), wayyy at the top of the "roped" off section. This means, no one could play it unless you get a rep to get it for you. You should check Sam Ash if you are willing.

I purchased 2 of my guitars at previous Prez day sales, and I was shockingly surprised at the deals. They have a bunch of accesories on sale, and 10-20% off a lot of their guitars. You can even ask the sales person for a deal and they will usually oblige due to the sale. Dont expect a crazy $$ off, but at least you will save tax which is around 8+% anyways.

OWNED!
mine is 6.5!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Never EVER have I seen so much jizz on one page... And that's saying something from a person like me =/
Quote by Untitled001
Never EVER have I seen so much jizz on one page... And that's saying something from a person like me =/

Its because i couldnt stop thinking about that fender
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
there is a GC in Pasadena by my house.....its horrible.

The GC 15 min. away in Hollywood......is like a musuem. They have anything you can thin of. SUper high end amps........crazy ass Gibsons, PRSs, Fenders......its the mecca of GC's i think.
The GC in downtown Chicago has been pretty bad lately. No 6505s, no Dual or Triple Recs, no Roadsters, no Road Kings, just two VHTs, some crummy Marshalls and row upon rown of Line6 garbage.

It must be the time of year or something, because they had a decent selection of amps a few months ago. Now they have almost nothing but crap.
My Gear:
'05 ESP LTD EC-400
'67 Gibson ES-120T (Original)
'05 Vox AD30VT
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb Black Face (Original)
The GC in Greenville, SC isn't bad. It requires a stop in at least once a month as the desirable stock is constantly changing. Recently there was a Rivera KR-100 and some very nice Warwick basses. The time before that I got some quality time with a JVM and with the sorry excuse for an amp that Marshall calls the Vintage Modern.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Dalroth
The GC in downtown Chicago has been pretty bad lately. No 6505s, no Dual or Triple Recs, no Roadsters, no Road Kings, just two VHTs, some crummy Marshalls and row upon rown of Line6 garbage.

It must be the time of year or something, because they had a decent selection of amps a few months ago. Now they have almost nothing but crap.

The one in Lincoln Park is not as bad as some of the other ones. You should check out the Arlington Heights location. By far the best one I have seen outside of Hollywood.

Quote by Kendall
The GC in Greenville, SC isn't bad. It requires a stop in at least once a month as the desirable stock is constantly changing. Recently there was a Rivera KR-100 and some very nice Warwick basses. The time before that I got some quality time with a JVM and with the sorry excuse for an amp that Marshall calls the Vintage Modern.

The one in Greenville is packed for such a small location. The one in Charlotte is just plain horrible.
GC is always out of the good stuff. They sold their Plexi 1/2 stack and never got a new one..... now the "Loud Lounge" is filled with Mesas, which still sound fine played at low volume. Dumb****s.....
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
I should probably feel lucky for living near the Manchester, CT Guitar Center. They've had almost every amp i wanted to try the few times i've been there. A great selection of Fenders, Peavey's, Mesa's, and Marshall's. Also a pretty good selection of guitars.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by kool98769
OWNED!
mine is 6.5!

DOUBLE OWNED! I don't have tax here. I also don't have a GC here, but I have an infinitely better guitar shop here.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yep, mines terrible too. They have 1 or two decent amps on a good day, but everything changes every time i go there. They seem to have an excellent stock of peavey amps and gibson stuff.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Untitled001

That's what I was thinking
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by CM_X5
That's what I was thinking

And whats wrong with Jizz?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My guitar center is alright. They bring out the good stuff around the bigger sales, like Christmas.

I want to go to the GC in Hollywood. I hear that one's BEAST.
My thoughts on the JSX exactly.

I own a JS1000 and what sold me was the thin but not too thin neck, awesome action sweet paintjob, and it stays in tune! I played it through the JSK and it was too muddy like you said; even Joe said that in a few videos.

Just wanted to say, i bought my JS1000 for $900, it came with all the original stuff and a sweet hard case. There were a few scratches on it, and the tremolo was a little worn. Since Ibanez offers a deal where they will exchange those guitars up until a year, i had the guy go into guitar center and "exchange" it for another one. They asked no questions, and handed him one right off of the shelf. So, i got a brand new JS1000 with a case and everything to go with......yea.....defiantly going to hang onto this guitar for a while. Ive had it for two years and i plan to re fret it within the next year.

Definatly buy it if you are considering getting a guitar.
Quote by kool98769
i WILL get a 65 twin reverb one day...hopefully. Oh yeah, i actually prefer it without the bright switch on too.

Go vintage. +10 vibe points.

Me too, on the bright switch thing. With my Tele, at least.
Quote by dogismycopilot
My thoughts on the JSX exactly.

I own a JS1000 and what sold me was the thin but not too thin neck, awesome action sweet paintjob, and it stays in tune! I played it through the JSK and it was too muddy like you said; even Joe said that in a few videos.

Just wanted to say, i bought my JS1000 for $900, it came with all the original stuff and a sweet hard case. There were a few scratches on it, and the tremolo was a little worn. Since Ibanez offers a deal where they will exchange those guitars up until a year, i had the guy go into guitar center and "exchange" it for another one. They asked no questions, and handed him one right off of the shelf. So, i got a brand new JS1000 with a case and everything to go with......yea.....defiantly going to hang onto this guitar for a while. Ive had it for two years and i plan to re fret it within the next year.

Definatly buy it if you are considering getting a guitar.

See, i would buy it if i could afford it.
I actualyl can, but i have to get an amp first.
And then i think i might try to find a PGM 300. Maple fretboard FTW!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Dalroth

HAHAHA
Don't complain the one in san diego, la mesa has nothing and you cant play none fender tubeamps there!!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
HAHAHA
Don't complain the one in san diego, la mesa has nothing and you cant play none fender tubeamps there!!

Dude you are so right! Where do you live? Im in Del Mar, but i usually go to the one in La Mesa. Lately though ive been dealing with Carvin since im such a big fan.
Quote by dogismycopilot
Dude you are so right! Where do you live? Im in Del Mar, but i usually go to the one in La Mesa. Lately though ive been dealing with Carvin since im such a big fan.

IM in down town, Yeah i heard the carvin store is superb.
I hate in the san diego store that they have the gibby's on the wall and don't let you play them!
I also hate how they try to rip you off, I went on presidents day and they had an open box boss gt-8 for the same price as a new one, what a rip.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
^Yea for sure. I never venture into guitar center without specifically going there for strings, picks or cables or something. Ive never bought a guitar there, and i dont plan to. Im an ibanez fan, i dont like the 24.75 scale much.