OK i want a theremin... i don't want to build one btw. I've been looking at the Moog Etherwave... the problem i've got is... how can i amplify it? I've got two amps 30watt tube amp (Laney VC30) and a 15 watt amp (Vox Valvetronix). I don't know if i can use either of these to amplify a theremin or any guitar amp for that matter. I have seen dedicated theremin amps but i wouldn't like to buy one (or another amp).
I might be wrong, but I think theremins and guitars have similar frequency ranges so it should work pretty well. If not a keyboard amp would definately work, they have a much broader frequency range.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
yeah thats what i was thinking... but then i wondered. I was just asking so i didn't buy one, plug it into my amp and it not work. So will my both my amps work with one then?
Well yeah, don't theremins usually have a 1/4th input? So just hook up a cord from theremin to amp. I donno if a tube amp would really be better than a SS one, I don't think theremins have very much dynamics to begin with. Just try it out.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.