I cant seem to get sweeping down. I can actually do it fairly well, but repeating the pattern always gives me problems. For example, this is from the Creeping Death Solo:
e|-------12-17p12-------
b|----13------------13----
g|-14------------------14
Simple pattern. However, when I come back up, I ALWAYS hit the G string twice. Ive tried stopping the sweep at the 13th fret on the B string and then sweeping in the downstroke again, but it sounds choppy there. Am I doing something wrong?

(With all the sweeping questions, someone NEEDS to compile an "Ultimate Sweep Picking" guide. I would, but Im not proficient enough (yet))
well as a fellow Ned, I can say i had that problem too

but there is really nothing you can do but practice it over and over again until its smooth
But is my technique right in stopping the upstroke on the B string and starting the downstroke again on the G?
Quote by nedthehead
But is my technique right in stopping the upstroke on the B string and starting the downstroke again on the G?

There isn't really a right way to do it, just do both and see which feels most comfortable to you.

Also this sort of thing really belongs in advanced techniques rather than basics.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by bucketned
well as a fellow Ned, I can say i had that problem too

but there is really nothing you can do but practice it over and over again until its smooth

He's right. There are no other solutions.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
There isn't really a right way to do it, just do both and see which feels most comfortable to you.

Also this sort of thing really belongs in advanced techniques rather than basics.

+1

What does your other head say Zaphod?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!